Surface Pen stopped working on Windows 11 Beta

I am using the Surface Go 2 with the newest Windows 11 Beta version. After turning my Surface on (from standby) i noticed that my pen was not writing anything, however all the buttons were still working (and it was connected via bluetooth). I could even erase with the back of the pen, but not write. I had another pen before, however it stopped responding too, so I sent it back, and now this new pen isn't working aswell. Is there anything I could try doing?

What I already tried:

• Restarting my Surface and the pen

• Reinstalling every pen driver

• Reconnecting the pen

• Trying other pens (they all worked)

• Trying my pen on another Surface device (it didn't work)

• New Battery

Probably something broken in W11 beta.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Most likely a driver issue with the Windows 11 beta. This is why these dev preview and beta builds are use at your own risk. You're most likely going to have to wait for an update.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

25 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Most likely a driver issue with the Windows 11 beta. This is why these dev preview and beta builds are use at your own risk. You're most likely going to have to wait for an update.

But if its a driver issue, why wouldn't the pen work on other (windows 10) devices?

2 minutes ago, Asbach Alfons said:

But if its a driver issue, why wouldn't the pen work on other (windows 10) devices?

Oh you didn't say it was running Windows 10 you just said:

It's most likely just a defective pen then. If it does the same thing on a completely different OS and device. 

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

1 hour ago, Asbach Alfons said:
  • Trying other pens (they all worked)

Ah missed that.

So yes, seems the pen is the issue...

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

8 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Ah missed that.

So yes, seems the pen is the issue...

I returned the pen a few days ago, because the same happened to it. I thought it was only this pen, but now its the same with the new one.

32 minutes ago, Asbach Alfons said:

I returned the pen a few days ago, because the same happened to it. I thought it was only this pen, but now its the same with the new one.

Huh? So this is a different pen now? If it's happened to two different pens you've set up then it's definitely an issue with Windows 11 or the drivers for the pen. Maybe even the firmware for the pen itself. Is there not a way to factory reset the pen? Just simply switching it over to a different computer might not work if it's synced with the other. Factory reset it if possible and set it up with the other surface and see if it works after a fresh setup. There isn't really anything else it could be either you're buying defective pens or something with Windows 11 is messing up the pens.

53 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Huh? So this is a different pen now? If it's happened to two different pens you've set up then it's definitely an issue with Windows 11 or the drivers for the pen. Maybe even the firmware for the pen itself. Is there not a way to factory reset the pen? Just simply switching it over to a different computer might not work if it's synced with the other. Factory reset it if possible and set it up with the other surface and see if it works after a fresh setup. There isn't really anything else it could be either you're buying defective pens or something with Windows 11 is messing up the pens.

I have already searched for a way to factory reset the pen, however the only thing I could find was how to restart it. Restarting it and then connecting it to a Windows 10 device changed nothing.