5800x and u14s silent pc issue

cagriyil

Hi all,

I just built a system and my specs are:

5800x cpu, u14s cpu cooler, rm750w psu, b550-e mobo, gtx 1650 gpu and 2 ssds.

The gpu and psu have 0rpm mode. 

I selected the silent fan profile from fan xpert and my u14s fan is around 300rpm. However, I can hear the case in a quiet environment. The case is sitting under the desk and my distance is about 30-40cm. The noise I'm hearing is more likely a motor / engine noise but not like a "hdd jet engine" 

Is there a problem with the u14s fan or something?

By the way, my 3 pure wings 2 case fans are at 0rpm, just the u14s default fan and silent wings 3 ( top case fan which is connected to the second cpu fan header in mobo ) is working around 250-300rpm. 

Thanks

40 minutes ago, narrdarr said:

What are your  temps and case?

NO problem with temps, cpu is around 45 degrees.

1 hour ago, cagriyil said:

I selected the silent fan profile from fan xpert and my u14s fan is around 300rpm. However, I can hear the case in a quiet environment. The case is sitting under the desk and my distance is about 30-40cm. The noise I'm hearing is more likely a motor / engine noise but not like a "hdd jet engine" 

Is there a problem with the u14s fan or something?

I have a D15S that has the same fan as yours and it's making the same noise. It's very irritating.

Interim 15 T200 OKF("F" intel processors are specifically archituctured for gaming) maybe upgrad to 13'900 | Peeralight cpu fan | Stryx Z690-A Wife(which is branded by ASUS and it's ROG label) | Thermotake 16x 8x2GO SODINM 2400mjz cl22 (2 of them with the mood lighting) | 980 EVO 1TB m.2 ssd card + Kensington 2TB SATA nvme + WD BLACK PRO ULTRA MAX 4TB GAMING DESTROYER HHD | Echa etc 3060 duel fan dissipator 12 GBi and Azrock with the radian 550 XT Tiachi | NEXT H510 Vit Klar Svart | Seasonice 600watts voeding(rated for 100.000 hours, running since 2010, ballpark estimate 8 hours a day which should make it good for 34 years) | Nocturna case fans | 0LED Duel moniter

New build in progress: Ryen™ 8 7700x3D with a copper pipe fan | Z60e-A | Kingstron RENEGATE 16x2 Go hyenix | Phantek 2 the thar mesh in front | lead lex black label psu + AsiaHorse białe/białe | 1080 Pro 8TB 15800MB/S NvMe(for gaming this increase fps and charging time, cooled by a M.2 slot with coolblock and additional thermopad) and faster 4000GB HHD | MAI GeForce GTX 2070 Ti and RTX 6800 | Corshair psu

that's weard, Noctua should be silent...

May be I should go for Be Quiet dark rock pro 4... 

If you increase the fan speed, is that noise still the same?

Just now, cagriyil said:

that's weard, Noctua should be silent...

May be I should go for Be Quiet dark rock pro 4... 

If you increase the fan speed, is that noise still the same?

Noise is still there with higher fan speed, it just gets louder. Same with the Noctua A14 and F12.

Interim 15 T200 OKF("F" intel processors are specifically archituctured for gaming) maybe upgrad to 13'900 | Peeralight cpu fan | Stryx Z690-A Wife(which is branded by ASUS and it's ROG label) | Thermotake 16x 8x2GO SODINM 2400mjz cl22 (2 of them with the mood lighting) | 980 EVO 1TB m.2 ssd card + Kensington 2TB SATA nvme + WD BLACK PRO ULTRA MAX 4TB GAMING DESTROYER HHD | Echa etc 3060 duel fan dissipator 12 GBi and Azrock with the radian 550 XT Tiachi | NEXT H510 Vit Klar Svart | Seasonice 600watts voeding(rated for 100.000 hours, running since 2010, ballpark estimate 8 hours a day which should make it good for 34 years) | Nocturna case fans | 0LED Duel moniter

New build in progress: Ryen™ 8 7700x3D with a copper pipe fan | Z60e-A | Kingstron RENEGATE 16x2 Go hyenix | Phantek 2 the thar mesh in front | lead lex black label psu + AsiaHorse białe/białe | 1080 Pro 8TB 15800MB/S NvMe(for gaming this increase fps and charging time, cooled by a M.2 slot with coolblock and additional thermopad) and faster 4000GB HHD | MAI GeForce GTX 2070 Ti and RTX 6800 | Corshair psu

Just now, Ralf said:

Noise is still there with higher fan speed, it just gets louder. Same with the Noctua A14 and F12.

Changing the fan with silent wings 3 will be the best solution then? 

Did you ever try the cooler with another fan? 

18 minutes ago, cagriyil said:

NO problem with temps, cpu is around 45 degrees.

Still didn't answer my question.  Also what motherboard?

7 minutes ago, cagriyil said:

Changing the fan with silent wings 3 will be the best solution then? 

Did you ever try the cooler with another fan? 

Nope. But the fan makes the same noise outside of the case and without the heatsink.

16 minutes ago, narrdarr said:

Still didn't answer my question.  Also what motherboard?

My case is Be Quiet 500dx. Mobo is Asus b550-e.

Other temps are also normal at idel. Gpu 32-33, mainboard 35-36, ssds are 40-43 degrees.

Keep in mind that case fans are not spinning at all. 

11 minutes ago, Ralf said:

Nope. But the fan makes the same noise outside of the case and without the heatsink.

I guess we are talking about the same noise. May be most of the people don't hear at all. 

Don't you think to try another cooler or fan? 

I think I can't get use to this noise, especially when trying to build a silent pc. 😞

8 minutes ago, cagriyil said:

My case is Be Quiet 500dx. Mobo is Asus b550-e.

Other temps are also normal at idel. Gpu 32-33, mainboard 35-36, ssds are 40-43 degrees.

Keep in mind that case fans are not spinning at all. 

Jezz I must be really tired. You gave that info already lol. 

Anyway if you just want to try a different I'd recommend phanteks ph f120mp

1 hour ago, narrdarr said:

Jezz I must be really tired. You gave that info already lol. 

Anyway if you just want to try a different I'd recommend phanteks ph f120mp

No problem, do you think that it is safe to change the cpu cooler's fan? 

1 hour ago, cagriyil said:

I guess we are talking about the same noise. May be most of the people don't hear at all. 

Don't you think to try another cooler or fan? 

I think I can't get use to this noise, especially when trying to build a silent pc. 😞

My old build has a Thermalright HR-02 Macho Rev. B and I upgraded from a Alpenföhn Olymp to the Noctua D15S because it was hyped so much. I kinda regret not going for the Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT instead because I know that their fans are truly silent even if you're not deaf. My original plan was to RMA it, but Noctua dont want to, so i'm gonna use it for a while now. Will probably replace the fan with a Arctic F14 or P14 sometime later.

22 minutes ago, Ralf said:

My old build has a Thermalright HR-02 Macho Rev. B and I upgraded from a Alpenföhn Olymp to the Noctua D15S because it was hyped so much. I kinda regret not going for the Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT instead because I know that their fans are truly silent even if you're not deaf. My original plan was to RMA it, but Noctua dont want to, so i'm gonna use it for a while now. Will probably replace the fan with a Arctic F14 or P14 sometime later.

Please don't forget to write the results when you change the fan. 

I don't have a chance to buy that product ( thermalright ) but I heard really good things about it. 

3 hours ago, cagriyil said:

No problem, do you think that it is safe to change the cpu cooler's fan? 

Yea for sure

did you have a chance to listen the sound that I uploaded? 

@ralf