Can a monitor dictate the GPU performance?

I'd like to ask if my cheap/simple monitor that runs on 60hz, 5ms and 1080p can affect my FPS count. Is that possible?

(V-Sync is off)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7700X @ 5.6GHz (single core boost) | 5.4GHz (all cores); Mobo: Asus ROG Crosshair Hero X670E; RAM: Team Group T-Force 2x16GB (32GB) DDR5 @ 6000MHz CL38; GPU: RTX 4080 - ZOTAC GAMING AMP Extreme AIRO; Case: NZXT H7 Flow; Storage: Kingston KC3000 1TB + Adata Legend 900 2TB; Cooling: Cooler Master PL360; PSU: Corsair HX 1200

Don't think it's possible, but why are you asking? If you're asking if you can use the cheap monitor for benchmarking purposes, then yeah go for it. If you're asking so you can use it as your main panel, you won't be able to see anything above 60FPS so why would it matter?

41 minutes ago, heimdali said:

What do you mean by "GPU-performance"?

Uhh...fps amount?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7700X @ 5.6GHz (single core boost) | 5.4GHz (all cores); Mobo: Asus ROG Crosshair Hero X670E; RAM: Team Group T-Force 2x16GB (32GB) DDR5 @ 6000MHz CL38; GPU: RTX 4080 - ZOTAC GAMING AMP Extreme AIRO; Case: NZXT H7 Flow; Storage: Kingston KC3000 1TB + Adata Legend 900 2TB; Cooling: Cooler Master PL360; PSU: Corsair HX 1200

1 hour ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Don't think it's possible, but why are you asking? If you're asking if you can use the cheap monitor for benchmarking purposes, then yeah go for it. If you're asking so you can use it as your main panel, you won't be able to see anything above 60FPS so why would it matter?

What if the monitor has a problem or something? I know the odds are low, I'm just being curious. Even if the monitor had an issue or smthng, I dont see why the gpu would reduce the amount fps being delivered... Right?

Hm, I don't know.  If the power consumption of your graphics card is higher when sync to vblanc is disabled than when it is enabled, you could take that as indication that your GPU is working harder (for some reason) with snyc disabled.  That's assuming that your computer consumes more power when the graphics card renders more FPS, like mine does.

What happens when you disconnect the monitor from the graphics card?  Does that affect performance?

5 hours ago, MyLittleFella said:

What if the monitor has a problem or something? I know the odds are low, I'm just being curious. Even if the monitor had an issue or smthng, I dont see why the gpu would reduce the amount fps being delivered... Right?

If the monitor had a problem, the problem would only be in displaying the image. 

6 hours ago, RONOTHAN## said:

If the monitor had a problem, the problem would only be in displaying the image. 

Thank you for the answer, sir.