hdd fully wipe

TheSpokySkull

Hello!Today i wanted to try linux AntiX and then switched to Q4OS i don't want to use them because it's really hard to install stuff....I tried to reinstal Windows 7 64 Bit but it gave me a error.I tried to fix the error watching some videos but they all say to make the usb stick unbootable...I can't boot in bios and i was wondering how can i wipe ALL data from the hard disk?

11 minutes ago, TheSpokySkull said:

Hello!Today i wanted to try linux AntiX and then switched to Q4OS i don't want to use them because it's really hard to install stuff....I tried to reinstal Windows 7 64 Bit but it gave me a error.I tried to fix the error watching some videos but they all say to make the usb stick unbootable...I can't boot in bios and i was wondering how can i wipe ALL data from the hard disk?

Have you tried deleting all partitions ?

You can also plug it into a USB enclosure and use easeUS partition (free version) to fully erase it, however it will take a long time

Please tag me @RTX 3090 so I can see your reply

Just now, RTX 3090 said:

Have you tried deleting all partitions ?

You can also plug it into a USB enclosure and use easeUS partition (free version) to fully erase it, however it will take a long time

....it's only one partition.

1 minute ago, TheSpokySkull said:

...it's only one partition.

normally you would have more than one, for example one boot partition and one main partition. take a look at this for example

image.thumb.png.334e0ad1f7592fd6c54e65367c232e17.png

when installing windows, delete all partitions, click on unallocated space, click next and let it automatically configure it's own partitions

Please tag me @RTX 3090 so I can see your reply

Just now, RTX 3090 said:

normally you would have more than one, for example one boot partition and one main partition. take a look at this for example

image.thumb.png.334e0ad1f7592fd6c54e65367c232e17.png

when installing windows, delete all partitions, click on unallocated space, click next and let it automatically configure it's own partitions

i have only one patition because my hdd it's my main and i have said i can't install windows edit:and i doesn't show more partitions on linux its only one

Edited by TheSpokySkull

11 minutes ago, TheSpokySkull said:

i have only one patition because my hdd it's my main and i have said i can't install windows edit:and i doesn't show more partitions on linux its only one

Does your Windows installation get to where you can pick the drive? If so, you can delete partitions and format the drive there. 

116656d1485975114t-delete-format-partiti

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

Just now, IkeaGnome said:

Does your Windows installation get to where you can pick the drive? If so, you can delete partitions and format the drive there. 

116656d1485975114t-delete-format-partiti

1.I want to go from linux to wndows 2.I can't reinstall the windows 3.I can't boot into bios. 4.If i can't reinstall windows that means i can't get into the installation menu aswell because i said it was giving a error when i tried

1 minute ago, TheSpokySkull said:

1.I want to go from linux to wndows 2.I can't reinstall the windows 3.I can't boot into bios. 4.If i can't reinstall windows that means i can't get into the installation menu aswell because i said it was giving a error when i tried

Where does it hang up while you're trying to install windows? That window that I screenshotted above is very early on in the installation process.

2 minutes ago, TheSpokySkull said:

3.I can't boot into bios.

When you try to turn the computer on, it locks up before you can get into BIOS?

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

Where does it hang up while you're trying to install windows? That window that I screenshotted above is very early on in the installation process.

I power on the computer press F2 and it just doesn't boot in bios.I freezes for 3/4 secs and then just loading linux

and the installations are very diferent than going example from windows 7 to 10 codes have to be applied in terminal and it doesn't look the same

4 hours ago, TheSpokySkull said:

I power on the computer press F2 and it just doesn't boot in bios.I freezes for 3/4 secs and then just loading linux

Are you sure f2 is the key to enter bios? Try the delete key Are you using a wired or wireless keyboard? 

6 hours ago, Blue4130 said:

Are you sure f2 is the key to enter bios? Try the delete key Are you using a wired or wireless keyboard? 

yes it is f2 it was working before and i do not have wireless keyboard

19 hours ago, Blue4130 said:

i have done it thanks for thee help anyways! ^^