rx 6700 xt blackscreening , artifacts (hard case)

Go to solution Solved by Nets,
13 hours ago, sxvirgil said:

Hello guys, i purchased a new asus rx 6700 xt dual 3 months ago  : https://www.asus.com/Motherboards-Components/Graphics-Cards/Dual/DUAL-RX6700XT-12G/

And from the very beginning there were problems with her.Four things:

1.Blackscreening (monitor just flashing black for a moment,it happens very quickly).

2.Artifacts (Different types of cubes on my monitor or cubes on program's windows,not the entire workspace is covered by artifacts).

3.PC crashing (restarting,happend twice for 3 months).

4.Black coating? (some desktop windows turn black after blackscreening).

But there is one peculiarity,these issues never showed up in tests or games...

My PC specs:

Ryzen 5 5600x

Hyperx 16 gb ram 3600 in XMP

samsung 1 tb ssd nvme

gigabyte b550m aorus elite

Deepcool 750w

Smart Access Memory is on.

Cpu temp from 40 - 70 maximum

Gpu temp 48 - 70 

Gpu hot spot 70 - 80

What work have i done:

1.Installed 21.3.1 driver from Asus website.(the same problems appeared)

2.Reinstalled 21.4.1 driver from AMD website (the same problems appeared)

3.Reinstalled 21.6.1 driver from AMD website.(the same problems appeared)

4.Reinstalled 21.8.1 driver from AMD website.(the same problems appeared)

5.Reinstalled 21.8.2 driver from AMD website.(the same problems appeared)

6.Installed Windows 10 LTSC (i could'nt install drivers on this windows,so i spent 30 minutes without any driver and blackscreening were present).

7.Installed official Windows 10 PRO. (the same problems appeared)

8.Tested videocard in Furmark,AIDA64,OCCT,AMD Software,3dmark (no problems).

9.Tested my RAM (turning off XMP,using memtests etc.)

10.Tested my Power Supply (just loaded the computer to the maximum power 100% CPU 100% GPU no problems with power supply)

11.Put the video card in another computer with another monitor.(i5 10400f,2666 ram,650 w.) (the same problems appeared)

12.Put another videocards in my computer.(i was on GTX 960 before i bought rx 6700 xt and i tried GTX 980 after this problems and there were no problems)

13.Changed main power cable to my power supply.(the same problems appeared)

14.Updated BIOS three times on three different versions.(the same problems appeared)

15.Turning off SMA.(the same problems appeared)

16.Changing monitor refresh rate 144 - 145 - 143 - 120.(the same problems appeared)

17.Turning ON/OFF the GPU resolution scaling on AMD software.(the same problems appeared)

Turning ON/OFF AMD anti-lag and other settings...(the same problems appeared)

Based on this, it becomes clear that something is wrong with the video card.

I also provide a few facts:
1) These problems appear very rarely, it can be several (2-3) times a day and once every few days

2) Haven't seen artifacts,blackscreening or blackcoating in videogames or tests

3) Most of the time I spend in Apex Legends.There, at the test site, the video card quietly produces 250 - 300 FPS, but sometimes the computer starts to slow down and i got friezes and fps jumps 100-200 it lasts a few seconds and after everything becomes normal and fps again 250-300.The same thing happens during launch of the game,and even in menu i get FPS drops.Opening the task manager is even difficult,but it says CPU load is 100% in this times.I don't know if this is a problem with the rx 6700 xt, but it was'nt the case on other video cards.

4) I thought that I needed to record these problems on video. Since problems appear very rarely, recording the desktop on a permanent basis is simply impossible.So I thought I could use the "Instant Replay" feature in AMD software,i set it to 1 minute length.So after artifacts blackscreening etc just appeared i need to press keybinds.Believe it or not, after enabling this function, I could'nt find these problems!I can't be sure if this fixed the problem for sure or is it just a coincidence.

5) only Blackscreening can appear,i mean as only ONE problem at the moment.Or all problems at the same time too.

6) After blackscreening the monitor does not show that the signal has disappeared.

7) The whole image was output through the HDMI port of the video card with different HDMI cabels!So DPs are untested.

8) Sometimes blackscreening disappears from black cubes (look like artifacts but black)

The sweetest thing is that I managed to record moments with problems on my phone! :

What can be done?

since you already fresh installed windows and also you tryed another pc with another DP cable, my guess is to send the gpu to waranty, dont worry i never had a problem but a friend had with an 5700 xt and  AMD just replace the product. the bad thing is that you will need w8 about 2/3 weeks.

Just one thing i almost forgot, try disable the freesync! there are some issue with some cards since may or before, you can see it on release notes of the latest driver. 

Hello guys, i purchased a new asus rx 6700 xt dual 3 months ago  : https://www.asus.com/Motherboards-Components/Graphics-Cards/Dual/DUAL-RX6700XT-12G/

1.Blackscreening (monitor just flashing black for a moment,it happens very quickly).

2.Artifacts (Different types of cubes on my monitor or cubes on program's windows,not the entire workspace is covered by artifacts).

My PC specs:

Ryzen 5 5600x

samsung 1 tb ssd nvme

Deepcool 750w

Gpu temp 48 - 70 

Gpu hot spot 70 - 80

What work have i done:

6.Installed Windows 10 LTSC (i could'nt install drivers on this windows,so i spent 30 minutes without any driver and blackscreening were present).

10.Tested my Power Supply (just loaded the computer to the maximum power 100% CPU 100% GPU no problems with power supply)

11.Put the video card in another computer with another monitor.(i5 10400f,2666 ram,650 w.) (the same problems appeared)

12.Put another videocards in my computer.(i was on GTX 960 before i bought rx 6700 xt and i tried GTX 980 after this problems and there were no problems)

14.Updated BIOS three times on three different versions.(the same problems appeared)

16.Changing monitor refresh rate 144 - 145 - 143 - 120.(the same problems appeared)

17.Turning ON/OFF the GPU resolution scaling on AMD software.(the same problems appeared)

1) These problems appear very rarely, it can be several (2-3) times a day and once every few days

3) Most of the time I spend in Apex Legends.There, at the test site, the video card quietly produces 250 - 300 FPS, but sometimes the computer starts to slow down and i got friezes and fps jumps 100-200 it lasts a few seconds and after everything becomes normal and fps again 250-300.The same thing happens during launch of the game,and even in menu i get FPS drops.Opening the task manager is even difficult,but it says CPU load is 100% in this times.I don't know if this is a problem with the rx 6700 xt, but it was'nt the case on other video cards.

4) I thought that I needed to record these problems on video. Since problems appear very rarely, recording the desktop on a permanent basis is simply impossible.So I thought I could use the "Instant Replay" feature in AMD software,i set it to 1 minute length.So after artifacts blackscreening etc just appeared i need to press keybinds.Believe it or not, after enabling this function, I could'nt find these problems!I can't be sure if this fixed the problem for sure or is it just a coincidence.

5) only Blackscreening can appear,i mean as only ONE problem at the moment.Or all problems at the same time too.

6) After blackscreening the monitor does not show that the signal has disappeared.

7) The whole image was output through the HDMI port of the video card with different HDMI cabels!So DPs are untested.

8) Sometimes blackscreening disappears from black cubes (look like artifacts but black)

The sweetest thing is that I managed to record moments with problems on my phone! :

What can be done?

Maybe try a DP cable (DP to HDMI if your monitor does not have DP) to see if it is the HDMI port that is bad.

Junk Yard Dog Build

I7 -10700K
MSI Z490 MPG Gaming Plus

Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32gb (4x8gb) DDR4 (3200 MHz)

Gigabyte RTX 2060 Gaming OC Pro

Corsair H115i Platinum AIO

EVGA 750 GQ

In a Cyberpower PC X-Titan case

13 hours ago, sxvirgil said:

My PC specs:

Ryzen 5 5600x

samsung 1 tb ssd nvme

Deepcool 750w

Gpu temp 48 - 70 

Gpu hot spot 70 - 80

What work have i done:

What can be done?

since you already fresh installed windows and also you tryed another pc with another DP cable, my guess is to send the gpu to waranty, dont worry i never had a problem but a friend had with an 5700 xt and  AMD just replace the product. the bad thing is that you will need w8 about 2/3 weeks.

Just one thing i almost forgot, try disable the freesync! there are some issue with some cards since may or before, you can see it on release notes of the latest driver. 

On 9/24/2021 at 2:21 PM, Nets said:

Thank you for your advice.I will send the graphics card back to the store.By the way Freesync tested too just forgot mention it.