Weird issue with a hdd

Bartek.S

So i thought i got a dead hdd becouse it wasn`t detected by windows and i brought it back to the pc store where i bought it and luckly he could check it on the spot and it worked, but now when i get back home it is still not working (and i can hear a grinding noise) and my main drive couldn`t load windows when it was installed but without it, it loaded normally. BTW my last hdd failed and i want to ask could this issue be related to it. 

15 minutes ago, Bartek.S said:

So i thought i got a dead hdd becouse it wasn`t detected by windows and i brought it back to the pc store where i bought it and luckly he could check it on the spot and it worked, but now when i get back home it is still not working (and i can hear a grinding noise) and my main drive couldn`t load windows when it was installed but without it, it loaded normally. BTW my last hdd failed and i want to ask could this issue be related to it. 

If it only took him a minute to check, he didn't really check it.

It needs a full, multiple hour test.

6 minutes ago, whispous said:

If it only took him a minute to check, he didn't really check it.

It needs a full, multiple hour test.

he also used a adapter that gave the drive, power from the wall and it was connected to a laptop via usb 

18 minutes ago, Bartek.S said:

he also used a adapter that gave the drive, power from the wall and it was connected to a laptop via usb 

"plug in and see if it works" isn't a hard drive test.

Try download some tools (such as CrystalDiskInfo) in order to check the HDD's S.M.A.R.T. attributes and post them here.

Make sure to select the right disk.

Also, which is the model of this faulty hard drive?

37 minutes ago, debianstable said:

Try download some tools (such as CrystalDiskInfo) in order to check the HDD's S.M.A.R.T. attributes and post them here.

Make sure to select the right disk.

Also, which is the model of this faulty hard drive?

well i can`t check it with CrystalDiskInfo or anything as my pc dosen`t want to post with the hdd installed, and the model is seagate baracuda 

43 minutes ago, Bartek.S said:

well i can`t check it with CrystalDiskInfo or anything as my pc dosen`t want to post with the hdd installed, and the model is seagate baracuda 

Was the HDD installed in your computer and completely working before it broke at some point?

Just now, debianstable said:

Was the HDD installed in your computer and completely working before it broke at some point?

its a brand new hdd and before this one i had a toshiba p300 hdd and my boot drive is a crucial mx500 and the toshiba p300 hdd worked for 2 years and 1 month (warranty was for only 2 years)  after which it started grinding and not posting 

1 minute ago, aDoomGuy said:

Did you make a partition on it?

the guy that "tested" it in the pc store made a partition on it and it worked fine for him so im strating to think that maybe windows is trying to load old drivers and its not working becouse of that and the grinding noise is becouse that hdd is trying to initialize and it cant and its stuck in the initializing step, tomorrow im gonna check every sata port and i know that the sata cable is good becouse i bought a brand new one 

9 hours ago, whispous said:

"plug in and see if it works" isn't a hard drive test.

That's true, but it worked , and now it doesn't 

6 hours ago, Bartek.S said:

gonna check every sata port and i know that the sata cable is good becouse i bought a brand new one 

Good idea,  otherwise maybe something is wrong with the mobo tho. Do other hard drives work , if any?

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity