asus z590 prime question

marcuzx

its kind of strange how in the middle of the pcie slots it has an empty space with some things there. can anyone tell me what those are and why put them there? wouldn’t it be better to put em elsewhere and include an extra or two or even 3 pcie slots? 

Huh?

Any modern GPU will take up at least two slots' worth of space, modern high-end GPU's will take up more like 3. Since they know most people will put their GPU in the uppermost x16 slot, it's fairly pointless to put any actual PCIe slots in the space immediately below it since they will inevitably be blocked. Since the majority of people don't run any PCIe devices besides a single GPU, the "loss" of additional x1 slots is considered inconsequential. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

6 hours ago, Middcore said:

Any modern GPU will take up at least two slots' worth of space, modern high-end GPU's will take up more like 3. Since they know most people will put their GPU in the uppermost x16 slot, it's fairly pointless to put any actual PCIe slots in the space immediately below it since they will inevitably be blocked. Since the majority of people don't run any PCIe devices besides a single GPU, the "loss" of additional x1 slots is considered inconsequential. 

oh so did they at least add any useful features to it? i see they added something idk what it is but i hope it helps it run better

7 hours ago, marcuzx said:

oh so did they at least add any useful features to it? i see they added something idk what it is but i hope it helps it run better

I really won't know what you're talking about.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

On 9/23/2021 at 3:33 AM, marcuzx said:

empty space

That empty space is not that empty. There is room for the GPU and there is also a NVMe M.2 socket in that space. That can be used to install a second SSD drive. Users under estimate how much storage space they need. Being able to add a second drive some time in the future makes consumers happy.

8 hours ago, unclewebb said:

That empty space is not that empty. There is room for the GPU and there is also a NVMe M.2 socket in that space. That can be used to install a second SSD drive. Users under estimate how much storage space they need. Being able to add a second drive some time in the future makes consumers happy.

i’d rather have more pcie

1 minute ago, marcuzx said:

i’d rather have more pcie

Let me guess. Miner?