ASUS TUF VG27AQ1A vs LG 27gl850 vs Gigabyte M27Q

laychuan

Hi, I'm considering to buy a 2k monitor. 

Asus tuf gaming vg27aq1a: 170hz, relatively cheaper but is 250nits brightness enough for gaming?

LG 27gl850/ Gigabyte M27Q: design that I like but relatively costly.

Appreciate your advise on which monitor should I get.

Definitely go with the LG.  I had my Asus monitor for two months and took it back and swapped it for an LG 32 inch IPS monitor and the difference was as big as night and day.  I still have the LG six months later and I plan to keep it for as long as it holds out.  Go with the LG.

I have the LG 27GP850 but I'm probably going to compare it side-to-side with VG27AQ1A one day. Both have very high ratings when googled. LG is more common and Asus has not reached any bigger review sites yet, it seems.

LG is impressive thou I'd say. I did order the M27Q some months back, but it had a dead pixel, so I didn't use it too much to recall how good it's picture quality was.

I edit my posts more often than not

6 hours ago, laychuan said:

Asus tuf gaming vg27aq1a: 170hz, relatively cheaper but is 250nits brightness enough for gaming?

250 nits is enough for most people. I use my own displays at around 150 nits even at day.

But if you have big windows opposite of your monitor, you should consider a brighter monitor.

I can't say anything about it's performance as i have not yet seen a review from a reputable source.

6 hours ago, laychuan said:

LG 27gl850/ Gigabyte M27Q: design that I like but relatively costly.

Both are good choices.

The LG is a few years old but still has very good preformance, albeit with a lower than average contrast for an IPS panel. (Blacks appear gray-ish)

The M27Q is a value go-to option nowadays. A very good monitor with the minor downside that it uses a non-standard BGR panel. (can result in slightly blurrier text in some apps, but mostly a non-issue)

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.