LG TV

bensinspade
Go to solution Solved by Stahlmann,

The C series typically also get's better software support down the line. Also the C1 has 4 HDMI 2.1 ports instead of 2 on the B1. Plus HDR content will suffer quite a bit from the 580 nits the B1 can do compared to the C1 with 750 nits. That's around 30% more brightness. Only get the B1 if you're tight on budget.

I on the lookout for a new TV, either a LG B1 or LG C1, which is better for gaming? Was looking at the B1 first 

I think it really doesn't matter but obviously C is overall better (slightly) 

I recommend checking out rtings. 

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

20 minutes ago, FloRolf said:

I think it really doesn't matter but obviously C is overall better (slightly) 

I recommend checking out rtings. 

Only difference I can see, is that the C1 is slightly brighter than the B1, but how much I don't know 

The C series typically also get's better software support down the line. Also the C1 has 4 HDMI 2.1 ports instead of 2 on the B1. Plus HDR content will suffer quite a bit from the 580 nits the B1 can do compared to the C1 with 750 nits. That's around 30% more brightness. Only get the B1 if you're tight on budget.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

12 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

Thank you for the info! So the difference is pretty big then, was thinking about waiting until black Friday and check the prices then, my first choice was the LG CX but it's soiks is out and won't return to stock anymore 😞

The CX is getting more out of stock too here in the Netherlands but I don't really bother that much.

It's better not to cheap out so C1 is better overall. And which inch version are you looking? Maybe hold on till 42" OLED comes out?

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

3 hours ago, CTR640 said:

The CX is getting more out of stock too here in the Netherlands but I don't really bother that much.

It's better not to cheap out so C1 is better overall. And which inch version are you looking? Maybe hold on till 42" OLED comes out?

Maybe you're right, I'm looking for the 55" hoping it will get down in price on black Friday, it's still pretty expensive right now