Motherboard

How mutch watt uses the msi pro m2 max b450m

Want to upgrade to a

B550 msi mpg

Doesnt really matter, IIRC low end to medium tier motherboard can use 30-50w, while higher end ones can use upto 50-60w. Why are you asking this?

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Spec list

Amd 7 3700x

3070 ventus 2x oc

16 gb ram 

650cv bronze 

500 gb nvme ssd

2 tb hdd

Just now, Levent said:

Doesnt really matter, IIRC low end to medium tier motherboard can use 30-50w, while higher end ones can use upto 50-60w. Why are you asking this?

Asking because i just want to now 100 sure if its possible

So is it possible whitout chrashes and not having to buyban new windows licence

The motherboard itself doesn't use much power. The B550 chipset consumes less than 10w, x570 chipset consumes maybe around 15w if you have pci-e 4.0 SSDs.

You have onboard sound card and onboard network card which will both consume less than 2 watts and if there's anything else like an extra usb controller those also consume less than 2-3 watts.

Rule of thumb is if there's no fan cooling a chip, just a heatsink, that chip is unlikely to consume more than 10w.  If there's no heatsink on a chip, it's unlikely to consume more than 3-5w.

Anyway... you have a 650cv power supply, but it can only do that wattage at 30c ambient temperature (temperature inside the case), at more than that you're supposed to derate it by around 100w .... so consider it a 550w power supply.

The 3070 video card will consume up to 250 watts, the CPU consumes up to around 80-100 watts, the ram maybe 5-10w, the hdd around 8w , the ssd around 5w (when writing stuff to it)... the motherboard with 10-20w shouldn't be much of a concern. You shouldn't go over 400w overall power consumption. 

3 hours ago, Levent said:

I think you are WAY high on this. From my reading, b550 and x570 uses less than 20w, more around 10 to 15w in both cases.

9 hours ago, mariushm said:

The motherboard itself doesn't use much power. The B550 chipset consumes less than 10w, x570 chipset consumes maybe around 15w if you have pci-e 4.0 SSDs.

You have onboard sound card and onboard network card which will both consume less than 2 watts and if there's anything else like an extra usb controller those also consume less than 2-3 watts.

Rule of thumb is if there's no fan cooling a chip, just a heatsink, that chip is unlikely to consume more than 10w.  If there's no heatsink on a chip, it's unlikely to consume more than 3-5w.

Anyway... you have a 650cv power supply, but it can only do that wattage at 30c ambient temperature (temperature inside the case), at more than that you're supposed to derate it by around 100w .... so consider it a 550w power supply.

The 3070 video card will consume up to 250 watts, the CPU consumes up to around 80-100 watts, the ram maybe 5-10w, the hdd around 8w , the ssd around 5w (when writing stuff to it)... the motherboard with 10-20w shouldn't be much of a concern. You shouldn't go over 400w overall power consumption. 

Okay thanks and how i convert windows licentie key