Gaming PC Randomly Turns off

Dooms87

I recently built a new PC a couple of months ago and I haven't had much time to use it due to work but my schedule has finally relaxed enough for me to really start getting back into gaming and I'm noticing the computer turns off one me during heavy gaming sessions or benchmarking.  These are the specs and all the info I have please let me know if i forgot to include anything that might be relevant.

RTX 3090 FTW3 EVGA (crashes on stock and overclocked mode)

AMD 5950X (latest chipset installed) (tried at stock setting and gaming mode via ryzen master crashing in both)

ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero (bios 3801)

G.SKILL 16GB 2X8 D4 3600 TRIZ RGB (running in amd xmp mode)

Latest Win 20 21h1 installed on a SN850 1tb on latest firmware

Lian Li Dynamic full tower with all fan slots filled for proper cooling 7 rgb + 2 on aio

Only two parts were re used my EVGA CLC 280 aio cooler and my  EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 PS, 80+ PLATINUM

I don't really know how to check if one of my parts are failing or if my PSU is not enough or is too old at this point I bought it in 2015

Event view only shows me this info which I will include. I'm hoping I can get some help in finding out what the issue is and guidance as to how to fix it.

-System

-Provider

[ Name]Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power

[ Guid]{331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}

EventID41

Version8

Level1

Task63

Opcode0

Keywords0x8000400000000002

-TimeCreated

[ SystemTime]2021-09-18T04:34:06.0876674Z

EventRecordID559118

Correlation

-Execution

[ ProcessID]4

[ ThreadID]8

ChannelSystem

ComputerDESKTOP-S6LIGG5

-Security

[ UserID]S-1-5-18

-EventData

BugcheckCode0

BugcheckParameter10x0

BugcheckParameter20x0

BugcheckParameter30x0

BugcheckParameter40x0

SleepInProgress0

PowerButtonTimestamp0

BootAppStatus0

Checkpoint0

ConnectedStandbyInProgressfalse

SystemSleepTransitionsToOn1

CsEntryScenarioInstanceId0

BugcheckInfoFromEFIfalse

CheckpointStatus0

CsEntryScenarioInstanceIdV20

LongPowerButtonPressDetectedfalse

crash.PNG

39 minutes ago, Dooms87 said:

I recently built a new PC a couple of months ago and I haven't had much time to use it due to work but my schedule has finally relaxed enough for me to really start getting back into gaming and I'm noticing the computer turns off one me during heavy gaming sessions or benchmarking.  These are the specs and all the info I have please let me know if i forgot to include anything that might be relevant...

Did you test the build before you installed the motherboard in the case?

If not, go back to motherboard, CPU, RAM, (PRIMARY) storage & graphics output to stress test it.

If that runs OK, then start adding 'extra' parts - one at a time - until you get a failure like your currently getting.

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!

17 minutes ago, Eighjan said:

Did you test the build before you installed the motherboard in the case?

If not, go back to motherboard, CPU, RAM, (PRIMARY) storage & graphics output to stress test it.

If that runs OK, then start adding 'extra' parts - one at a time - until you get a failure like your currently getting.

I did test before fully setting up the case and fans and it seemed fine I was able to post get into windows and play some games.