Can a bad/faulty PCIE Cause artifacts and glitches?

HighFiDZ

My old post: 

an update: ive taken the pc into another monitor with another hdmi cable and it worked, so i concluded that either my old monitor or the hdmi cable are not functioning properly, i have taken my pc back to the old monitor and with the same old hdmi cable, and it worked. now i have to put them out of the equation too.

the big question is now, does a faulty or a bad PCIE Slot cause glitches and artifacts?

Thanks everyone and have a great day.

33 minutes ago, HighFiDZ said:

My old post: 

an update: ive taken the pc into another monitor with another hdmi cable and it worked, so i concluded that either my old monitor or the hdmi cable are not functioning properly, i have taken my pc back to the old monitor and with the same old hdmi cable, and it worked. now i have to put them out of the equation too.

the big question is now, does a faulty or a bad PCIE Slot cause glitches and artifacts?

Thanks everyone and have a great day.

Might be better phrased “Can a bad slot..” while that stuff is most often video card based it does connect the rest of the machine to the card so I see it as not necessarily impossible.  Doesn’t cover “does” as in primary or singular reason though.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.