Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My first full PC build.

And now it is (almost) complete.

Case: Meshify 2
PSU: Seasonic Focus GX-850

Motherboard: Gigabyte X570S Aorus Master
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5800X
RAM: Crucial Ballistix MAX BLM2K8G40C18U4B currently 2x8, plan to do 4x8 to populate all DIMM slots (I am doing it for the look)
GPU (currently): NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 (Strix? got from a friend)
GPU (ordered): NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080ti Aorus Extreme (not yet shipped 馃槥 )

Storage: Samsung 980PRO 1TB boot, 2x Samsung 980 1TB steam library

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/765296446152507402/888830984462680094/image0.jpg

Current system. CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X; MoBo: Gigabyte X570S Aorus Master; RAM: 2x Crucial Ballistix MAX 2x8 GB (BLM2K8G40C18U4B); GPU: GTX 980 Strix; case: Fractal Design Meshify-2; Storage: Samsung 980PRO 1TB NVMe SSD + 2x Samsung 980 1TB NVMe SSD; PSU: Seasonic Focus GX-850; Cooling: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360.

Link to post
Share on other sites

And yes, I forgot to peel the sticker of the AIO.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/765296446152507402/888840945414582292/image0.jpg

Current system. CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X; MoBo: Gigabyte X570S Aorus Master; RAM: 2x Crucial Ballistix MAX 2x8 GB (BLM2K8G40C18U4B); GPU: GTX 980 Strix; case: Fractal Design Meshify-2; Storage: Samsung 980PRO 1TB NVMe SSD + 2x Samsung 980 1TB NVMe SSD; PSU: Seasonic Focus GX-850; Cooling: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/19/2021 at 3:41 AM, krakek said:

And yes, I forgot to peel the sticker of the AIO.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/765296446152507402/888840945414582292/image0.jpg

A PC maker's worst nightmare XD

Glad you found out before any real damage was done though! 馃槃

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Elijah Kamski said:

A PC maker's worst nightmare XD

Glad you found out before any real damage was done though! 馃槃

I was a bit surprised by my thermals when running benchmarks, idle it was still sort of ok.

Then I decided to look through the trash for the build to see if the sticker was there (it wasn't) before removing it and re-mounting.

Current system. CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X; MoBo: Gigabyte X570S Aorus Master; RAM: 2x Crucial Ballistix MAX 2x8 GB (BLM2K8G40C18U4B); GPU: GTX 980 Strix; case: Fractal Design Meshify-2; Storage: Samsung 980PRO 1TB NVMe SSD + 2x Samsung 980 1TB NVMe SSD; PSU: Seasonic Focus GX-850; Cooling: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, krakek said:

I was a bit surprised by my thermals when running benchmarks, idle it was still sort of ok.

Then I decided to look through the trash for the build to see if the sticker was there (it wasn't) before removing it and re-mounting.

Just for info, your fans in the front is pushing air out of the case. Don't know with your top fans, but the one in the back is pushing out to. If all is out then it will be bad..聽

CPU:聽i7 9700K@5ghz all core (silence + summer)

cache x47,聽AVX offset聽0

Motherboard:聽Asus Maximus XI Hero

RAM: Patriot Viper Steel 2x8gb@3733mhz @jedec cl15

PSU:聽EVGA SuperNova聽750 G3

Mon:聽 LG 27GL850-B, 144Hz Nano IPS聽- G-Sync compatible/Freesync

GPU:聽EVGA聽1080ti SC Black Edition w/ G12 bracket

Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K

Case:聽Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout

Storage:聽MP510聽960gb and 860 Evo 500gb

Cooling:聽CPU: Kraken X62 - GPU:聽Kraken X42(RIP) -> X53 (From RMA)

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DoctorNick said:

Just for info, your fans in the front is pushing air out of the case. Don't know with your top fans, but the one in the back is pushing out to. If all is out then it will be bad..聽

I am going to re-check it but I did move the fans on the AIO so they should be pulling air into the case via the rad. There is also a bottom intake fan.

Current system. CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X; MoBo: Gigabyte X570S Aorus Master; RAM: 2x Crucial Ballistix MAX 2x8 GB (BLM2K8G40C18U4B); GPU: GTX 980 Strix; case: Fractal Design Meshify-2; Storage: Samsung 980PRO 1TB NVMe SSD + 2x Samsung 980 1TB NVMe SSD; PSU: Seasonic Focus GX-850; Cooling: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, krakek said:

I am going to re-check it but I did move the fans on the AIO so they should be pulling air into the case via the rad. There is also a bottom intake fan.

I rechecked too. Was just the picture quality that fooled me. They are correctly oriented. Didn't realized this before, but we have the same case. Kinda, I got the Define R6:

IMG_20210928_212845962.jpg

CPU:聽i7 9700K@5ghz all core (silence + summer)

cache x47,聽AVX offset聽0

Motherboard:聽Asus Maximus XI Hero

RAM: Patriot Viper Steel 2x8gb@3733mhz @jedec cl15

PSU:聽EVGA SuperNova聽750 G3

Mon:聽 LG 27GL850-B, 144Hz Nano IPS聽- G-Sync compatible/Freesync

GPU:聽EVGA聽1080ti SC Black Edition w/ G12 bracket

Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K

Case:聽Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout

Storage:聽MP510聽960gb and 860 Evo 500gb

Cooling:聽CPU: Kraken X62 - GPU:聽Kraken X42(RIP) -> X53 (From RMA)

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DoctorNick said:

I rechecked too. Was just the picture quality that fooled me. They are correctly oriented. Didn't realized this before, but we have the same case. Kinda, I got the Define R6:

Sadly taking photos is not my strong suit.

R7 would be closer I believe.
Nice but a bit weird GPU cooling solution.

Current system. CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X; MoBo: Gigabyte X570S Aorus Master; RAM: 2x Crucial Ballistix MAX 2x8 GB (BLM2K8G40C18U4B); GPU: GTX 980 Strix; case: Fractal Design Meshify-2; Storage: Samsung 980PRO 1TB NVMe SSD + 2x Samsung 980 1TB NVMe SSD; PSU: Seasonic Focus GX-850; Cooling: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360.

Link to post
Share on other sites

You can see the minor changes I did below, both the feeder fan below and the pre-wired PCI-E power I did for the expected 3080ti upgrade:

image.thumb.png.ef62e83fa02aaccf63b5c7f7b5fe99e5.png

image.thumb.png.ae320a82476389480cacf61a0212866f.png

Current system. CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X; MoBo: Gigabyte X570S Aorus Master; RAM: 2x Crucial Ballistix MAX 2x8 GB (BLM2K8G40C18U4B); GPU: GTX 980 Strix; case: Fractal Design Meshify-2; Storage: Samsung 980PRO 1TB NVMe SSD + 2x Samsung 980 1TB NVMe SSD; PSU: Seasonic Focus GX-850; Cooling: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, krakek said:

You can see the minor changes I did below, both the feeder fan below and the pre-wired PCI-E power I did for the expected 3080ti upgrade:

image.thumb.png.ef62e83fa02aaccf63b5c7f7b5fe99e5.png

image.thumb.png.ae320a82476389480cacf61a0212866f.png

Thats better, yes I run a naked 1080 ti.聽

CPU:聽i7 9700K@5ghz all core (silence + summer)

cache x47,聽AVX offset聽0

Motherboard:聽Asus Maximus XI Hero

RAM: Patriot Viper Steel 2x8gb@3733mhz @jedec cl15

PSU:聽EVGA SuperNova聽750 G3

Mon:聽 LG 27GL850-B, 144Hz Nano IPS聽- G-Sync compatible/Freesync

GPU:聽EVGA聽1080ti SC Black Edition w/ G12 bracket

Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K

Case:聽Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout

Storage:聽MP510聽960gb and 860 Evo 500gb

Cooling:聽CPU: Kraken X62 - GPU:聽Kraken X42(RIP) -> X53 (From RMA)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Newegg