Case that would support electric oven.

RageTester

Oven itself is hardware electronics, but I understand if this is not the right forum for this type of question.

Bought an electric oven recently, and it's basically at floor level right now, with only some wood wrapped in foil under it.

Would it be ok to place something heavy on top of tall and narrow cupboard? Weight of empty oven is around 27 kg. Thinking doors of oven to open around the level of table top next to it, am I crazy?

Do I need to make cupboard wider? Oven itself is around 60 cm, that is 0.6 m in width. Kitchen is low on space as it is, that is why I plan to use metal instead of wood for structural strength without going too wide. Benefits would include having shelves under oven for storage...

ovenontop.png

if it's sturdy enough to support the weight I don't really see why wouldn't you raise it off the floor, as you said, you'll even get more shelves, and there's nothing better than MORE SHELVES

Sturdy is not guaranteed when DIY, I shall not do it alone... wouldn't want to drop it for sure.

I would put it higher than table height otherwise you have to duck a little to put things in or take stuff out. Mine is such that the lowest rack is at chest height approximately. Works like a charm.

2 hours ago, RageTester said:

Do I need to make cupboard wider?

Looks like an in-cabinet model? In that case make it as wide as the installation manual (I presume) says. Also take it's hot air exhaust into account.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

15 minutes ago, tikker said:

Looks like an in-cabinet model? In that case make it as wide as the installation manual (I presume) says. Also take it's hot air exhaust into account.

Yeah it is. I might have used the wrong image, but same manufacturer and same form factor.

Manual has drawings of very low installation position, that's what got me confused.