Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Which should I buy? - Razer Blade 15 or Asus Zephyrus G14 (FOR GAMING)

https://www.ebuyer.com/1139519-razer-blade-15-core-i7-16gb-512gb-ssd-rtx-3060-15-6-win10-rz09-0369aw22-r3w1

https://www.ebuyer.com/1258089-asus-rog-zephyrus-g14-ryzen-9-16gb-1tb-ssd-rtx-3060-14-ga401qm-hz242t

 

Links to both above!

 

Mainly looking to use it as a daily driver and gaming-wise, to play apex legends at high fps.

I've seen so many recommendations for the G14, but at these specs and prices shown, which would be the smarter buy for gaming use?

 

G14: RTX 3060, 5900HS, 144Hz, 1080P - £1489.98

Blade 15: RTX 3060, i7-10750H, 144Hz, 1080P - £1299.99

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

g14 all the way.

Sorry for any grammatical/spelling errors, I am writing on kindle.
Also, sorry I didn't quote or mention you, it is impossible on kindle.
Damn, this RGB is straight bussin'.
Can I be the first kindle moderator?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mr-G-Man said:

g14 all the way.

Thanks mate, any main reason why? I'v always wanted to lean towards the G14, but the blade is £200 cheaper 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites

looks better in my opinion
i believe the cpu is beter as well
also has 2x space for games

Sorry for any grammatical/spelling errors, I am writing on kindle.
Also, sorry I didn't quote or mention you, it is impossible on kindle.
Damn, this RGB is straight bussin'.
Can I be the first kindle moderator?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Miles R said:

Thanks mate, any main reason why? I'v always wanted to lean towards the G14, but the blade is £200 cheaper 🙂

Razer has like beyond horrible longevity of their devices. The razer laptops have stupid high failure rates after 2 years most never make it to 3. Just not good devices flat out and they haven't made improvements to it. Sometimes they last longer but almost all die shortly after 2 years with a couple releases having high deaths in the 1-2 years frame.

 

Any reason it's just between these 2 devices?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jaslion said:

Razer has like beyond horrible longevity of their devices. The razer laptops have stupid high failure rates after 2 years most never make it to 3. Just not good devices flat out and they haven't made improvements to it. Sometimes they last longer but almost all die shortly after 2 years with a couple releases having high deaths in the 1-2 years frame.

 

Any reason it's just between these 2 devices?

Knew it was an issue but didn't realise it was this bad lol!

 

I've seen so many good reviews of teh G14 that it was my first choice and just about fit my budget - Love the design too

 

Just thought it would ask about the blade cosindering the price, comparable specs and nice design.

 

Not too keen on some of the more aggresive looking gaming laptops but happy for suggestions. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Miles R said:

Knew it was an issue but didn't realise it was this bad lol!

 

I've seen so many good reviews of teh G14 that it was my first choice and just about fit my budget - Love the design too

 

Just thought it would ask about the blade cosindering the price, comparable specs and nice design.

 

Not too keen on some of the more aggresive looking gaming laptops but happy for suggestions. 

The lenovo legion 5 series is excellent for the price and you basically don't loose anything but gain a fair bit in the performance department as the asus G series is more focused on a solid and more quiet experience whilst the lenovo is a pick your own thing device. The only thing you'd lose if you get the non pro legion is the colour calibrated screen in the asus. The difference is not much but it is there.

 

I also always recommend the g15 2021 edition over the g14 as it has a bigger battery and better cooling. The g14 has it's fan active most of the time whilst the g15 can run passively with low intensity tasks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, jaslion said:

The lenovo legion 5 series is excellent for the price and you basically don't loose anything but gain a fair bit in the performance department as the asus G series is more focused on a solid and more quiet experience whilst the lenovo is a pick your own thing device.

 

I also always recommend the g15 2021 edition over the g14 as it has a bigger battery and better cooling. The g14 has it's fan active most of the time whilst the g15 can run passively with low intensity tasks.

 

 

Just found this bargain!

 

https://www.box.co.uk/82JU002YUK-Lenovo-Legion-5-(2021)-AMD-Ryzen-7-16GB-_3557998.html#DetailTop

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Miles R said:

I do think this is the one with the smaller 60wh battery but not sure. Still 4-5 hours of battery life pretty easily with the smaller battery. But again not sure about it since the model number doesn't return a concrete answer for the battery. I do know that the 3070 ones normally always come with the bigger battery which is good for around 6:30 hours of battery life.

 

Either way this is the better laptop out of all and a far better gaming device.

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, jaslion said:

I do think this is the one with the smaller 60wh battery but not sure. Still 4-5 hours of battery life pretty easily with the smaller battery. But again not sure about it since the model number doesn't return a concrete answer for the battery. I do know that the 3070 ones normally always come with the bigger battery which is good for around 6:30 hours of battery life.

 

Either way this is the better laptop out of all and a far better gaming device.

Decision made! Thanks guys

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×