Looking to upgrade my pc

fakhri2k
Go to solution Solved by RONOTHAN##,

The simplest upgrade would be to just get a R5 3600, though in terms of gaming performance it won't be much more, it will mainly help adobe applications and multitasking.

If you want to get something a bit more, get either a 5600X (if you value gaming more) or a 3700X (if you value Adobe performance more), a semi-decent B550 board like the MSI B550-A Pro, and a kit of 3600MHz memory (32GB if you can afford it, 16GB if you can't). If you can afford it, a 5800X would be the best of both worlds, it might just be hard to fit into your budget. 

For in the future, something like a 3060Ti would fit in great with the rest of the system, it will just be hard to get for a good price. 

Budget (including currency): Rp 8000000 - Rp 11000000 ( Indonesian Rupiah) or around 561$ - 771$

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Valorant (Competitive), Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effect, Medibang Paint Pro

Other details : Wanting to upgrade but still using the same GPU (since I can't afford new GPU right now as of the price is high but GPU recommendation for future references are welcomed). I'm playing Valorant competitively so I want an upgrade that can handle 144fps almost all the time since I'm using 144Hz monitor. Need a decent CPU to multi task between my work such as using google (while opening video and such) and doing my edit with Primer Pro or After Effect. 
My current specs are :  
Processor : AMD Ryzen 3 3100
Mainboard : Gigabyte A320M S2H
Ram :Team Elite+ 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 2666MHz
SSD : M.2 Team 256GB MS30
HDD : Seagate 1TB 7200rpm
VGA : PowerColor Radeon RX 570 4GB DDR5
PSU : Aerocool LUX 550W 80+ Bronze
Case : Cube Gaming Byron

Im indo so maybe i can give some semi relevant advice

3100 is at a horrible pricepoint (around 1.9jt), ryzen 5 3500x (6c 6t cpu) is only ~2.3jt rp from what ive seen

A320 is a flaming pile of garbage, just go for a cheap b450 mobo like the b450 ds3h, around 1jt rp

DO NOT go for 2666 ram on ryzen, you are gonna lose quite abit of performance, either overclock to a higher speed or just get 3200/3600mhz ram (make sure the timings are cl16 or atleast cl18, no more than cl18 cause that will make your ram really slow)

I dont think aerocool psus are any good, maybe go for a different psu like digital alliance or zalman psus, digital alliance psus (550w 80+ bronze) are around 550rb and zalman i think are around 500rb (500 or 600w)

Btw how much does that gpu cost and where are you getting your parts?

The simplest upgrade would be to just get a R5 3600, though in terms of gaming performance it won't be much more, it will mainly help adobe applications and multitasking.

If you want to get something a bit more, get either a 5600X (if you value gaming more) or a 3700X (if you value Adobe performance more), a semi-decent B550 board like the MSI B550-A Pro, and a kit of 3600MHz memory (32GB if you can afford it, 16GB if you can't). If you can afford it, a 5800X would be the best of both worlds, it might just be hard to fit into your budget. 

For in the future, something like a 3060Ti would fit in great with the rest of the system, it will just be hard to get for a good price. 

1 hour ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Thank you so much for the references! What do you think about intel CPU such as i5-11400F?

1 minute ago, fakhri2k said:

Thank you so much for the references! What do you think about intel CPU such as i5-11400F?

I wouldn't really get the 11400F, since it roughly matches the performance of a R5 3600, but then you'd have to buy a new motherboard at the same time. If you want to price it out, a 10700k would be slightly faster than a 3700X, so if you can get an upgrade with that for cheaper, it would probably be worth it. 

Intel CPUs are great and everything, but since you're already on AMD, you might as well use the motherboard you have if you can, though I wouldn't put more than 6 cores on that motherboard.

1 hour ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Im indo so maybe i can give some semi relevant advice

3100 is at a horrible pricepoint (around 1.9jt), ryzen 5 3500x (6c 6t cpu) is only ~2.3jt rp from what ive seen

A320 is a flaming pile of garbage, just go for a cheap b450 mobo like the b450 ds3h, around 1jt rp

DO NOT go for 2666 ram on ryzen, you are gonna lose quite abit of performance, either overclock to a higher speed or just get 3200/3600mhz ram (make sure the timings are cl16 or atleast cl18, no more than cl18 cause that will make your ram really slow)

I dont think aerocool psus are any good, maybe go for a different psu like digital alliance or zalman psus, digital alliance psus (550w 80+ bronze) are around 550rb and zalman i think are around 500rb (500 or 600w)

Btw how much does that gpu cost and where are you getting your parts?

Oh hi fellow Indo! I'm sorry if it was not mentioned clearly since I didn't bold the text but as you can see, that is my current specs not the parts I was trying to get! I'm looking for an upgrade while still using the same GPU which is RX 570. Anyway, thank you for your suggestions!

21 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

I wouldn't really get the 11400F, since it roughly matches the performance of a R5 3600, but then you'd have to buy a new motherboard at the same time. If you want to price it out, a 10700k would be slightly faster than a 3700X, so if you can get an upgrade with that for cheaper, it would probably be worth it. 

Intel CPUs are great and everything, but since you're already on AMD, you might as well use the motherboard you have if you can, though I wouldn't put more than 6 cores on that motherboard.

Based on your comment, I think I should go for AMD CPU with 6 cores which my motherboard still can handle and a 3600Mhz RAM kit right? Do you think I also should change my PSU now or should I just go with a new MOBO also?

1 minute ago, fakhri2k said:

Based on your comment, I think I should go for AMD CPU with 6 cores which my motherboard still can handle and a 3600Mhz RAM kit right? Do you think I also should change my PSU now or should I just go with a new MOBO also?

1.) The CPU can probably handle 3600MHz, the motherboard only might. The A320 boards were made like absolute garbage, so anything beyond just working will always be a "maybe".

2.) PSU might be a good idea to upgrade, since I don't know how good the quality of that PSU is, and you can never be too safe with a PSU (as long as it's within budget). 

3.) While I would say to get a new motherboard eventually, I wouldn't say you need to get it right now. If you can get a 3600 into that current board, you might as well use it till it dies (which might not be in that long given the history of those boards). You probably won't see much, if any performance increase with it, and the only advantage you'd get is a better, more feature rich BIOS.

4 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

1.) The CPU can probably handle 3600MHz, the motherboard only might. The A320 boards were made like absolute garbage, so anything beyond just working will always be a "maybe".

2.) PSU might be a good idea to upgrade, since I don't know how good the quality of that PSU is, and you can never be too safe with a PSU (as long as it's within budget). 

3.) While I would say to get a new motherboard eventually, I wouldn't say you need to get it right now. If you can get a 3600 into that current board, you might as well use it till it dies (which might not be in that long given the history of those boards). You probably won't see much, if any performance increase with it, and the only advantage you'd get is a better, more feature rich BIOS.

Alright, thank you so much!