Kali LP-6s vs Adam T5Vs

Karppila

I'm very torn between these two options. I can get them for basically the same price so that does not matter. I know the LP-6s are a bit bigger but that's okay.

I'm getting these for casual desktop use (music, videos, movies) and maybe later to use with a tv also. Also to note, I'm going to be using an unbalanced connection.

What do yo guy think is the better option? I'm kind of leaning towards the LP-6s

One of the review places I check out compares them...  I'd lean toward the LP-6s myself.

http://digitalstereophony.blogspot.com/2019/05/kali-lp-6-vs-adam-t5v-comparison-review.html

Conclusion

In summary I have to admit that I much prefered the sound quality of Kali LP-6 both for work and music listetning. LP6 is more balanced and smoother yet still detailed and transparent overall. Adam T5V is a good monitor for those looking for a bit of extra clarity in the upper ranges, but comes with few too many compromises to be able to challange Kali LP6.

"Do what makes the experience better" - in regards to PCs and Life itself.

Onyx AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d / MSI 6900xt Gaming X Trio / Gigabyte B650 AORUS Pro AX / G. Skill Flare X5 6000CL36 32GB / Samsung 980 1TB x3 / Super Flower Leadex V Platinum Pro 850 / EK-AIO 360 Basic / Fractal Design North XL (black mesh) / AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz / Mackie CR5BT / Corsair Virtuoso SE / Cherry MX Board 3.0 / Logitech G502

7800X3D - PBO -30 all cores, 4.90GHz all core, 5.05GHz single core, 18286 C23 multi, 1779 C23 single

Emma : i9 9900K @5.1Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200CL16 - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB (RAID0) - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm - Fractal Design Define R6 - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi

Raven: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x3d - ASRock B550M Pro4 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 3200Mhz - XFX Radeon RX6650XT - Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB - TP-Link AC600 USB Wifi - Gigabyte GP-P450B PSU -  Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L -  Samsung 27" 1080p

Plex : AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - Gigabyte B550M AORUS Elite AX - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2400Mhz - MSI 1050Ti 4GB - Crucial P3 Plus 500GB + WD Red NAS 4TBx2 - TP-Link AC1200 PCIe Wifi - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - ASUS Prime AP201 - Spectre 24" 1080p

Steam Deck 512GB OLED

OnePlus: 

OnePlus 11 5G - 16GB RAM, 256GB NAND, Eternal Green

OnePlus Buds Pro 2 - Eternal Green

Other Tech:

- 2021 Volvo S60 Recharge T8 Polestar Engineered - 415hp/495tq 2.0L 4cyl. turbocharged, supercharged and electrified.

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400MHz, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

MSI GF62 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400 MHz, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

- Ubiquiti Amplifi HD mesh wifi

1 hour ago, Karppila said:

I'm very torn between these two options. I can get them for basically the same price so that does not matter. I know the LP-6s are a bit bigger but that's okay.

I'm getting these for casual desktop use (music, videos, movies) and maybe later to use with a tv also. Also to note, I'm going to be using an unbalanced connection.

What do yo guy think is the better option? I'm kind of leaning towards the LP-6s

Personally, I tend to prefer ADAM speakers.

Really, I'd say they're about on par with each other. The Adam's measure a bit better, but have less bass extension.

If you're listening up close, I'd probably get the T5V's.

However, if you either are listening from some distance away, or have a wall close to the back of the speakers, get the Kali LP-6's.

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

17 hours ago, Karppila said:

I don't know about pricing where you leave, but would the Adam A5X be way out of budget? I'm moving to the west coast within a few days, and since my sound system will go from the PC to the living room, I'm now looking at the Adam A5X and RME Adi-2 FS for the PC.

On 9/12/2021 at 1:40 AM, HumdrumPenguin said:

@KarppilaI doubt you're still following this thread, but if you are, ignore what I said above. EVE SC205 might be a better option. @Derkolihas probably heard them all and could give a better opinion on the matter.

I doubt OP is still following this thread, but I will touch on this for the sake of sharing knowledge.

I've heard some EVE Audio products that my friends have owned. I haven't actually owned any EVE Audio stuff, mostly due to my Fiancee being named Eve and having a half joking ban on EVE Audio products in our home!

Anyway.

I like EVE Audio stuff. Nearly as much as I like Adam Audio stuff.

I've heard some Kali stuff, in particular the Kali LP-8, which is used as a pair of control room monitors at my place of work. I quite like them and they do remind me of quite high end monitors just with slightly less clarity.

Obviously, I've heard alot of ADAM Audio stuff, and owned alot of their stuff. They're my favourite monitors outside of the JBL M2. They measure well, look pretty good, have plenty of SPL, fairly low distortion and nice features. The tweeters also sound amazing.

Out of the 3 products mentioned here, I would most likely choose the EVE Audio SC205. They're kind of a mix between the Kali's and Adam's. Have DSP, AMT tweeters, both XLR and RCA inputs and decent maximum SPL for desk usage.

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

21 hours ago, Derkoli said:

I doubt OP is still following this thread, but I will touch on this for the sake of sharing knowledge.

I've heard some EVE Audio products that my friends have owned. I haven't actually owned any EVE Audio stuff, mostly due to my Fiancee being named Eve and having a half joking ban on EVE Audio products in our home!

Anyway.

I like EVE Audio stuff. Nearly as much as I like Adam Audio stuff.

I've heard some Kali stuff, in particular the Kali LP-8, which is used as a pair of control room monitors at my place of work. I quite like them and they do remind me of quite high end monitors just with slightly less clarity.

Obviously, I've heard alot of ADAM Audio stuff, and owned alot of their stuff. They're my favourite monitors outside of the JBL M2. They measure well, look pretty good, have plenty of SPL, fairly low distortion and nice features. The tweeters also sound amazing.

Out of the 3 products mentioned here, I would most likely choose the EVE Audio SC205. They're kind of a mix between the Kali's and Adam's. Have DSP, AMT tweeters, both XLR and RCA inputs and decent maximum SPL for desk usage.

Well, it's always good to hear from your experience. I'm not fortunate enough to have gone through so many loudspeakers, so a lot of my knowledge comes from the few systems I've heard, my limited options at hand right now, and a lot of personal studying. Online, the consensus among people working at studios seemed to point towards the EVE.

That said... having someone here at the forum like you is awesome, especially considering your willingness to share first hand experience with low-end to (real)high-end stuff.

57 minutes ago, HumdrumPenguin said:

Online, the consensus among people working at studios seemed to point towards the EVE.

EVE to me is basically an equivalent to ADAM in alot of ways. They use somewhat similar technology, but I think EVE is a bit more transparent when it comes to measurements, which is always nice. I was considering replacing my home theater speakers with some larger EVE loudspeakers, but I'm not sure.

1 hour ago, HumdrumPenguin said:

That said... having someone here at the forum like you is awesome, especially considering your willingness to share first hand experience with low-end to (real)high-end stuff.

I'll always be willing to share my experiences with different loudspeakers/gear. I get alot of experience from hiring different gear at my place of work, and aswell as swapping out my personal kit somewhat regularly.

I've got a 300 page notebook nearly completely full of my notes I take when listening to different kit. I should probably digitize and make it available on a Google Site sometime, but it would take forever.

4 hours ago, Derkoli said:

EVE to me is basically an equivalent to ADAM in alot of ways. They use somewhat similar technology, but I think EVE is a bit more transparent when it comes to measurements, which is always nice. I was considering replacing my home theater speakers with some larger EVE loudspeakers, but I'm not sure.

I'll always be willing to share my experiences with different loudspeakers/gear. I get alot of experience from hiring different gear at my place of work, and aswell as swapping out my personal kit somewhat regularly.

I've got a 300 page notebook nearly completely full of my notes I take when listening to different kit. I should probably digitize and make it available on a Google Site sometime, but it would take forever.

Why not take the time and write a book out of it, something like what Paul McGowan did? You can capitalize on your experience, which would be more than fair.

21 hours ago, HumdrumPenguin said:

Why not take the time and write a book out of it, something like what Paul McGowan did? You can capitalize on your experience, which would be more than fair.

I've really only considered the Google Sites idea.

I don't think it'd make a good book really. It's just me rambling about different qualities of different bits of gear, which I don't think is hugely interesting.