Is 1600x900 on a 16:9, 20inch monitor good?

Mario5

Title says it all! btw this monitor is my only option so dont recommend any I just want to see what to expect!

The monitor: DELL E2014H

"Good" by what metric?

I don't quite know what the point of this thread is, especially since you say you don't have the option of buying anything else.

Anything below 1080p now is pretty pathetic. This is the type of monitor companies might might in bulk for very cheap to give people a second display to hook their laptops up to at their desks. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

1600x900 is not really a standard resolution anymore. It's quite dated. But combined with a 20" screen you'll get about the same pixel density (sharpness) as from a 24" 1080p monitor. So it won't look terrible in terms of resolution and size. But i'd say any monitor that still rocks a 1600x900 resolution has a lot more downsides than just resolution compared to a more modern display.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.