Gsync freesync and fps

Kim_NT
Go to solution Solved by Stahlmann,

- enable G-Sync in windowed and full screen

- enable V-Sync in control panel

- disable V-Sync in games

- set the fps limiter in control panel to 1 lower than your refresh rate (in your case 143)

- set preferred monitor technology to "G-Sync compatible"

Now G-Sync is working as intended. Neither G-Sync nor V-Sync will cause performance fluctuations. If that's happening it's normally the games fault.

Hello 馃檪 I have a few questions i hope you can help me with.
First of all the monitor i use is a聽AOC C24G1 144Hz 24 (freesync)

I'm really not sure if Gsync should be enabled or not. And if so, what settings?
There seem to be a lot of opinions on this when i google it and i can't seem to figure it out. I was told Gsync on and Vsync on in control panel was the way to go and then vsync off in game. That's what i've been doing for a while now but i have noticed my frames jumping a lot from 144 down to 100 something in games (or even below that)聽And was wondering if those settings was the cause.. Does Vsync in control panel lower fps?
(i realise that frame drops can be from the game not being optimized or things on my end too)

Also since my monitor is a freeSync one. Do i need Gsync enabled at all?
I was also told that even tho your monitor is not Gsync compatible,聽It still works on it.

So.. Do i keep using Gsync on and vsync in control panel. Or does that kill frames for no reason since FreeSync is a thing?

aaaaaUntitled.png

- set the fps limiter in control panel to 1 lower than your refresh rate (in your case 143)

Now G-Sync is working as intended. Neither G-Sync nor V-Sync will cause performance fluctuations. If that's happening it's normally the games fault.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

8 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

So even without a "gsync聽compatible" monitor. Its still worth it to have it on?

50 minutes ago, Kim_NT said:

So even without a "gsync聽compatible" monitor. Its still worth it to have it on?

Yes. G-Sync is just nvidias VRR implementation. As soon as you have a VRR monitor it should be turned on. Doesn't matter if it's FreeSync or G-Sync.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

2 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

Yes. G-Sync is just nvidias VRR implementation. As soon as you have a VRR monitor it should be turned on. Doesn't matter if it's FreeSync or G-Sync.

Okay. Thanks for the help 馃檪