770 vs. 780

TasTyDK

Hello there i'm looking for a video card for my new rig. my budget is about 1500 $ or maybe a little more depending on performance.

So i'm looking to get a Nvidia card either the 770, 780 or the 780TI which should i choose?

So if you could help it would aprreciated by me ;-)

PS. i'm located in Denmark

not sure about denmarks prices but normally on a budget like that a 780 but if you can find a good price 780ti then go for it

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

780 the difference between the 780 and the 780ti is not a huge difference 

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

780 or 780ti if you use above 1080 resolution or multimonitors for gaming

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

Well if you have the money and you still have enough budget for other nice stuff in your build go for it!

I would get a 780ti

not sure about denmarks prices but normally on a budget like that a 780 but if you can find a good price 780ti then go for it

i'm buiyng the card in the united states

not shipping i hope :P the import tax is crazy.

also the price difference isnt huge, around our parts the companies compete hard making prices quite low.

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

in the us or shipping? because shipping to eu is where the cost of shipping and the card itself is going to taze you

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

You are going to pay a shit ton of taxes. Not worth it. Buy it in the EU. 

770 at this time and wait for the 800 series to come out, and drop in price would be my suggestion. A Windforce version from Gigabyte with 2GB of ram is currently $330.

AMD RYZEN 7 5800X3D \ Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite \  32GB 3600 G.SKILL Neo \  Gigabyte RTX 4080 Gaming OC \  Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo \  NVMe 2TB Samsung 990 Pro, SATA 4TB Samsung 970 Evo  \  WINDOWS 11 PRO 

It never troubles the wolf how many the sheep may be. ~Publius Vergilius Maro circa 50BC

not shipping i hope :P the import tax is crazy.

also the price difference isnt huge, around our parts the companies compete hard making prices quite low.

well i'll be taking to the states and taking it home in the plane when i'm going on vacation

You are going to pay a shit ton of taxes. Not worth it. Buy it in the EU. 

i'm not shipping it i'm taking it in the plane home

No worries just put a 295x2 in your thing and add some complements behind a computer store and voila!

Diamond 5 in League :)

Then I would definitely suggest the 770 from Gigabyte (while it is on sale) and wait for the 800 series to come out, and drop in price.

AMD RYZEN 7 5800X3D \ Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite \  32GB 3600 G.SKILL Neo \  Gigabyte RTX 4080 Gaming OC \  Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo \  NVMe 2TB Samsung 990 Pro, SATA 4TB Samsung 970 Evo  \  WINDOWS 11 PRO 

It never troubles the wolf how many the sheep may be. ~Publius Vergilius Maro circa 50BC

Then a 770 is your only option because a 780 does cost more than 430$ (max value that you are allowed to bring back home without paying taxes.) and you would have to pay taxes on the 780. 

I'd get the 780, it's a pretty big performance difference without the huge price difference between the 780 and the 780Ti.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

Then I would definitely suggest the 770 from Gigabyte (while it is on sale) and wait for the 800 series to come out, and drop in 

Then a 770 is your only option because a 780 does cost more than 430$ (max value that you are allowed to bring back home without paying taxes.) and you would have to pay taxes on the 780. 

i didn't know that. but i wanted to take all my pc parts home from the states so i cant do that?

i didn't know that. but i wanted to take all my pc parts home from the states so i cant do that?

Nope. Not possible. Sorry to bring the news to you.

Maybe disassemble the system and ship it one piece at a time (keep each box price below the taxable amount?)?

;-( i could save a couple hundred dolllars

;-( i could save a couple hundred dolllars

I know i live in the EU myself :( 

Maybe disassemble the system and ship it one piece at a time (keep each box price below the taxable amount?)?

The taxable amount is 22€ if you have it shipped to you (19%) After 150€ it's 19%+ import taxes. 430€ if you come back with it from the states. 

is there a maximum money you can spent or is there a maximum price per item