Upgrading Graphics Card.

Vectraat

Current card: GeForce RTX 2080

What would you recommend and at what price would you consider reasonable (closer to MSRP)? What's the sweet spot of an upgrade assuming the prices were more reasonable.  

Current air flow is 3x of these: 
https://imgur.com/QmBF6v5
2x intake, 1x exhaust and this for my CPU:
https://www.amazon.ca/Cooler-Master-RR-212S-20PC-R1-Direct-Contact/dp/B07H22TC1N

Just wondering if this will be sufficient cooling for a newer graphics card or if my computer is going to get way too hot. 

What's wrong with an RTX 2080??? Why are you wanting to upgrade???

What are you expecting to achieve by upgrading??? More FPS??? Higher resolution??? 

Is this for business work such as video production or CAD? 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

3 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

What's wrong with an RTX 2080??? Why are you wanting to upgrade???

What are you expecting to achieve by upgrading??? More FPS??? Higher resolution??? 

Is this for business work such as video production or CAD? 

The fans rev too much and it's driving me crazy. Never used to be an issue until a year and a half after use. It's a Gigabyte card so the RMA situation is fucked. 

I want something more powerful. I want more FPS and I'm gonna also be moving from a 1080p monitor to a 1440p. This is just for gaming. 

Just now, Vectraat said:

The fans rev too much and it's driving me crazy. Never used to be an issue until a year and a half after use. It's a Gigabyte card so the RMA situation is fucked. 

I want something more powerful. I want more FPS and I'm gonna also be moving from a 1080p monitor to a 1440p. This is just for gaming. 

I'm assuming this is your current build? https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/hJZK6s

I'd upgrade to something like a RTX 3070 if they're found at MSRP pricing. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

1 minute ago, CommanderAlex said:

I'm assuming this is your current build? https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/hJZK6s

I'd upgrade to something like a RTX 3070 if they're found at MSRP pricing. 

Yah, I posted about it else where but thought I'd try being a bit more specific with my request. Will my current fans be enough to keep an RTX 3070-3090 cool enough? Also, why the 3070 over everything else and how much of a performance gain will I see over a 2080?
Thanks!

Just now, Vectraat said:

Yah, I posted about it else where but thought I'd try being a bit more specific with my request. Will my current fans be enough to keep an RTX 3070-3090 cool enough? Also, why the 3070 over everything else and how much of a performance gain will I see over a 2080?
Thanks!

The fans will be fine, but the case is has restrictive airflow in the front, so that will decrease airflow tremendously. So fresh air is more of the problem in the case once you add a RTX 3070-3090 in. It's just going to be a marginal upgrade at best (30-50% perhaps?) more performance. That's why I chose the 3070 for price reasons and to be reasonable. If there is no budget aside, then a RTX 3090 would be great, but that i5-9600K is going to hold it back. 

Nothing short of a 3080/6800 XT is a meaningful upgrade. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

1 minute ago, CommanderAlex said:

The fans will be fine, but the case is has restrictive airflow in the front, so that will decrease airflow tremendously. So fresh air is more of the problem in the case once you add a RTX 3070-3090 in. It's just going to be a marginal upgrade at best (30-50% perhaps?) more performance. That's why I chose the 3070 for price reasons and to be reasonable. If there is no budget aside, then a RTX 3090 would be great, but that i5-9600K is going to hold it back. 

Hmm, will the i5 hold back the 3070? (It's not overclocked, even though it probably should be). So I don't get it. You say the fans are fine for a 3070 or even a 3090, but fresh air is an issue? 

7 minutes ago, Vectraat said:

You say the fans are fine for a 3070 or even a 3090, but fresh air is an issue? 

Yes, this case is a hot box. The restrictive panels of the case is going to kill airflow for the fans. If you put the fans in a open environment, they'll perform just fine. 

For the 9600K, overclocking will be your best bet to alleviate any CPU performance penalty.