Manual (static) VCORE - bad in the long run?

Hi everyone

I have a hard time finding a concrete answer to the above (title) question. Yes, I know a too high VCORE is not good, and if it's manual (static), then it's even worse (than if it's peaks voltages). 

After delidding my 8700K some time back, I then decided a week ago to try 4.7GHz ALL CORE on my current 0.095mV -Offset undervolt and everything is stable and my temps peaks at 77c on some cores after a heavy game session. I know this is already perfectly fine (temp wise) but I see VCORE peaks at 1.375-ish and I feel like my 8700K can do better than that. My guess is that 1.3V would be enough for 4.7GHz ALL CORE. I know my 8700K isn't a silicon lottery winner but I feel like 1.3V still would be enough for 4.7GHz ALL CORE with my 8700K. 

So now to the actual question: 

Does a manual (static) VCORE hurt the CPU in the long run? Would 1.3V manual VCORE kill my 8700K? (I know that no one knows the future, but what would you "guess")

I have for a long time used -Offset undervolt, because it still keeps the voltages at auto - which lets it fluctuate and go down while idle - but it still peaks pretty high. Now, I have heard a lot of people talk about using LLC and so on and I have never really understood it properly, also the thing with disabling SVID support but that always made my system incredibly unstable. What has worked before was manual (static) VCORE and -Offset, and these I understand 100%. So yeah, sure, I could just try the manual (static) VCORE right now and so on but I fear that it might be bad in the long run - and it's hard to find a concrete answer to this. I'm thinking about VCORE up to 1.35V at max. 

Thank you to anyone who uses their time to read my post and so on 

PC Setup: 

HYTE Y60 White/Black + Custom ColdZero ventilation sidepanel

Intel Core i7-10700K + Corsair Hydro Series H100x

G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 32GB (F4-3600C16Q-32GTZR)

ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3080Ti OC LC

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-G GAMING (Wi-Fi)

Samsung EVO Plus 1TB

Samsung EVO Plus 1TB

Crucial MX500 2TB

Crucial MX300 1TB

Corsair HX1200i

Peripherals: 

Samsung Odyssey Neo G9 G95NC 57"

ASUS ROG Harpe Ace Aim Lab Edition Wireless

ASUS ROG Claymore II Wireless

ASUS ROG Sheath BLK LTD'

Corsair SP2500

Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO X (Limited Editon) & Beyerdynamic TYGR 300R + FiiO K7 DAC/AMP

RØDE VideoMic II + Elgato WAVE Mic Arm

Racing SIM Setup: 

Sim-Lab GT1 EVO Sim Racing Cockpit + Sim-Lab GT1 EVO Single Screen holder

Svive Racing D1 Seat

Samsung Odyssey G9 49"

Simagic Alpha Mini

Simagic GT4 (Dual Clutch)

CSL Elite Pedals V2

Logitech K400 Plus

My 8600K ran 5GHz 1.375Vcore (static) all day long without any issues or noticeable degradation for a few years. And i haven't heard from the guy i sold it to after he initially tested it and said it works fine. So i guess it's still running strong.

Many people are aftraid of higher voltages, but i haven't seen any evidence of earlier failure in my personal experience yet. And some YouTubers like Der8auer also think that people cry out about voltages too much. There is no real hard limit what you should set it to as long as you can keep the resulting temps in check. That's basically my take on this.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

5 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

My 8600K ran 5GHz 1.375Vcore (static) all day long without any issues or noticeable degradation for a few years. And i haven't heard from the guy i sold it to after he initially tested it and said it works fine. So i guess it's still running strong.

Many people are aftraid of higher voltages, but i haven't seen any evidence of earlier failure in my personal experience yet. And some YouTubers like Der8auer also think that people cry out about voltages too much. There is no real hard limit what you should set it to as long as you can keep the resulting temps in check. That's basically my take on this.

Thank you Stahlmann, good info and so on, on the i5. 

Yes, true, I have heard Der8auer talk about that before hehe. 

About your i5 again, did you set just the multiplier to 50 and then changed VCORE to 1.375 manual and called it a day? Nothing else? 

PC Setup: 

Samsung EVO Plus 1TB

Samsung EVO Plus 1TB

Crucial MX500 2TB

Crucial MX300 1TB

Corsair HX1200i

Peripherals: 

ASUS ROG Sheath BLK LTD'

Corsair SP2500

Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO X (Limited Editon) & Beyerdynamic TYGR 300R + FiiO K7 DAC/AMP

Racing SIM Setup: 

Svive Racing D1 Seat

Samsung Odyssey G9 49"

Simagic Alpha Mini

CSL Elite Pedals V2

Logitech K400 Plus

6 minutes ago, BetteBalterZen said:

About your i5 again, did you set just the multiplier to 50 and then changed VCORE to 1.375 manual and called it a day? Nothing else? 

i set the multiplier to 50, then the voltage to 1.4 just to see if it even runs 5Ghz. After that i lowered the voltage by 0.0125V steps until i ran into stability issues. 1.375V was as low as i could go while still running 5Ghz all core.

It could even go up to 5.2 all-core but then i needed 1.4V and that lead to very high temperatures, so i ultimately settled for 5.0 which still resulted in a big performance boost over stock. That was pretty much the temp/performance sweet spot with my particular CPU sample.

Never got into cache, RAM timings, etc.

So yes, just a simple CPU OC.

And my NH-D15 that i had at the time easily kept it under 80°C even in a cinebench loop. In gaming it ran more in the 65-70°C range, so everything was under control.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

1 minute ago, Stahlmann said:

i set the multiplier to 50, then the voltage to 1.4 just to see if it even runs 5Ghz. After that i lowered the voltage by 0.0125V steps until i ran into stability issues. 1.375V was as low as i could go while still running 5Ghz all core.

Never got into cache, RAM timings, etc.

So yes, just a simple CPU OC.

And my NH-D15 that i had at the time easily kept it under 80°C even in a cinebench loop. In gaming it ran more in the 65-70°C range, so everything was under control.

Cool, thank you for the information 😊

PC Setup: 

Samsung EVO Plus 1TB

Samsung EVO Plus 1TB

Crucial MX500 2TB

Crucial MX300 1TB

Corsair HX1200i

Peripherals: 

ASUS ROG Sheath BLK LTD'

Corsair SP2500

Racing SIM Setup: 

Svive Racing D1 Seat

Samsung Odyssey G9 49"

Simagic Alpha Mini

CSL Elite Pedals V2

Logitech K400 Plus

No one else? 😊

PC Setup: 

Samsung EVO Plus 1TB

Samsung EVO Plus 1TB

Crucial MX500 2TB

Crucial MX300 1TB

Corsair HX1200i

Peripherals: 

ASUS ROG Sheath BLK LTD'

Corsair SP2500

Racing SIM Setup: 

Svive Racing D1 Seat

Samsung Odyssey G9 49"

Simagic Alpha Mini

CSL Elite Pedals V2

Logitech K400 Plus