New gaming computer

Nipal

Budget (including currency): ~1 500 - 1 800 € for remaining parts

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: All kind of games, from oldies to brand new AAA.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc):  I have a 27' 165hz 4K monitor (tuf gaming) and I managed to get an RTX 3080 Ti FE.

Hello everyone,

I've been browsing this forum to find inspiration and I started to get some but I'm kind of stuck and I would like to start over with your knowledge.

So, can you help me with this task ? 🙂

I am building a completely new pc (except for the screens, keyboard/mouse, headset ...) as I will keep the former one as a secondary.

Thus, I need everything except for the GPU as mentioned earlier. I have seen this thread which is veeeery similar but he has gone for a RTX 3080 Fe and I have a 3080 Ti FE so I'm thinking it might be a shame to take exactly the same conf but just with a better GPU ? Also my budget might be slightly higher so maybe we can do better ? 🙂

I'm not trying to spend all my budget but rather to get the best "value for money" knowing that I already have a 3080 Ti.

Thanks for your help !

11 minutes ago, Nipal said:

Honestly +1 for @Downkey build in that thread besides swapping out the vengeance LPX for a Crucial Ballistix of similar specs. And no, itll be all fine especially considering that you gonna run in 4K where all the determinates in your gaming is gonna be your GPU.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

Hi There!

Here is my Build:

Meshify C (2x Noctua A14 Front Intake, 1X Noctua A12-15 Exhaust)

Ryzen 9 5900x W/ NH-D15

Gigabyte Aorus Ultra X570

4x 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 4000mhz CL 15

2x Sabrent Rocket 4 1TB (Boot Drive, Game Drive)

2tb Raid Array (2x 1TB SATA SSD's in RAID 0, for most of my steam library)

2tb HDD for backups (Via AOMEI, Highly Reccomended)

Right now I have my 1080ti FTW3 in the build, but am looking for a 6800xt, 6900xt, or 3080/3080ti, whenever I can get one for a decent price, so the rest of my build is configured around the idea of upgrading the GPU to one of a similar class to yours.

Regardless of if you go Intel or AMD, motherboard choice is going to be important for you, in addition, either an I9/I7 11th gen or R9/R7 zen 2/3 cpu would be the best. Personally I would recommend an 11900K, 11800K, 5800x or 5900x, can always go higher! But there is diminishing returns, as you know. 

Good luck with the new build! I'm sure it'll be running Crysis in no time!

Make sure to quote my reply so I get a notification! 

Question that really needs answer before any suggestions could be made!

Do you want a good RGB in your system or not? In this budget, You can fit really good parts, As well as some cool looks and RGB, But if you don't really want it, you can build great non RGB system for little lower money. What'll you chose?

I'll give advise depending on your answer.

Hello all and thanks for your first answers !

@SorryClaire I have looked but which config are you referring to ? the one from @Downkey in the thread I linked or another one ?

@MikeHawkSmol Thanks ! it already helps.

@Dr0idGh0sT I actually prefer without the RGB stuff 🙂 I like it to be "sober". Obviously I will not discard an hardware because of it but it is 100% not a criteria for me and if there is 2 options with same results I would opt for the non RGB.

2 hours ago, Nipal said:

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: All kind of games, from oldies to brand new AAA.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc):  I have a 27' 165hz 4K monitor (tuf gaming) and I managed to get an RTX 3080 Ti FE.

Hello everyone,

I've been browsing this forum to find inspiration and I started to get some but I'm kind of stuck and I would like to start over with your knowledge.

So, can you help me with this task ? 🙂

I am building a completely new pc (except for the screens, keyboard/mouse, headset ...) as I will keep the former one as a secondary.

Thus, I need everything except for the GPU as mentioned earlier. I have seen this thread which is veeeery similar but he has gone for a RTX 3080 Fe and I have a 3080 Ti FE so I'm thinking it might be a shame to take exactly the same conf but just with a better GPU ? Also my budget might be slightly higher so maybe we can do better ? 🙂

I'm not trying to spend all my budget but rather to get the best "value for money" knowing that I already have a 3080 Ti.

Thanks for your help !

27 minutes ago, Nipal said:

@SorryClaire I have looked but which config are you referring to ? the one from @Downkey in the thread I linked or another one ?

@Dr0idGh0sT I actually prefer without the RGB stuff 🙂 I like it to be "sober". Obviously I will not discard an hardware because of it but it is 100% not a criteria for me and if there is 2 options with same results I would opt for the non RGB.

here you go I made a pretty Nice config that wont hurt your wallet too much it will cost you 1619.47 Euro now for the specs here they are
AMD Ryzen 9 5950x cuz with this budget you might as well full send it with the processor (I forgot that i9 12900k is a bit better but 5950x is still a powerhouse so dont worry too much and AMD is a bit cheaper 😉 )

2x iron wolf pro 4 Tb Hard drives for mass storage
1x sabrent rocket Q4 1TB for booting and game load times
Rip jaws v series 32 GB (2x16) RAM for future if you want 64 GB just add another one of those 

Fractal Design Meshify 2 ATX Mid Tower Case really nice air flow and looks good
a seasonic 850W 80+ PLATINUM Fully modular PSU (I wish I had that too.)
Noctua NH-D15 Cooler really good one and if you want can get the black edition for extra 10 USDs

MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard really nice board all around good VRMs for overclocking. (BEFORE USING THE 5950x you should update you bios. )
and I have also thrown in 2 Noctua S12B redux-1200 Case fans you can add more if you want for even more airflow
EDIT- sorry i forgot to give the link here it is 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/zgzZht

P.S- if you have any questions feel free to ask i will answer

6 minutes ago, Nipal said:

There is non RGB option for almost everything and for lower price 😄

Here is a list if u plan overclocking https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wH7CNP

Here is if u don't plan overcklocking https://pcpartpicker.com/list/PrRF7X

P.S. I choose 5950X because there isn't 5900X available anywhere online, If u can get 5900X it will be more than enough and will save you some money.

Also you can add how much storage you want.

Here is some good cases to look at. After all it's personal preference and you can choose any of those or other that have good airflow. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/bCYQzy/corsair-4000d-airflow-atx-mid-tower-case-cc-9011200-ww

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Y6Crxr/fractal-design-meshify-c-atx-mid-tower-case-fd-ca-mesh-c-bko-tg

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/jqTzK8/fractal-design-meshify-2-atx-mid-tower-case-fd-c-mes2a-02

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/ybH8TW/lian-li-lancool-ii-mesh-atx-mid-tower-case-lancool-ii-mesh-performance

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/sY9tt6/corsair-275r-airflow-atx-mid-tower-case-cc-9011181-ww

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/NkK2FT/phanteks-eclipse-p500a-atx-mid-tower-case-ph-ec500atg_bk01

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/TVJmP6/be-quiet-silent-base-802-atx-mid-tower-case-bgw39

You'll also need some fans, Get a good fans and replace what case comes with, Most likely you'll be good with 3 intake on front and 2 or 3 exhaust on back. I'd go with those fans, They are quiet and work well, Chose depending on case size.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/cFwqqs/noctua-nf-f12-pwm-chromaxblackswap-550-cfm-120mm-fan-nf-f12-pwm-chromaxblackswap

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/sWM323/noctua-nf-a14-pwm-chromaxblackswap-825-cfm-140mm-fan-nf-a14-pwm-chromaxblackswap

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3.8 GHz 8-Core Processor  (€399.36 @ Cdiscount) no need to waste money on a 5950X when you're just gaming. even a 5600X will do.
CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 240 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (€84.94 @ TopAchat) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO V2 ATX AM4 Motherboard  (€119.99 @ Cdiscount) 
Memory: Patriot Viper Steel 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3733 CL17 Memory  (€91.88 @ Alternate) get another kit next time if you need 32gb of ram in the future.
Storage: Corsair MP510 480 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (€72.95 @ Boulanger) you can spring for a 1TB SSD if you want to.
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€54.99 @ Cdiscount) 
Case: SilentiumPC Regnum RG6V TG ATX Mid Tower Case  (€71.88 @ Alternate) 
Power Supply: Enermax Revolution D.F. 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (€109.99 @ Cdiscount) 
Total: €1005.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-09-06 16:06 CEST+0200

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

3 hours ago, MORPH_WOLF said:

here you go I made a pretty Nice config that wont hurt your wallet too much it will cost you 1619.47 Euro now for the specs here they are
AMD Ryzen 9 5950x cuz with this budget you might as well full send it with the processor (I forgot that i9 12900k is a bit better but 5950x is still a powerhouse so dont worry too much and AMD is a bit cheaper 😉 )

2x iron wolf pro 4 Tb Hard drives for mass storage
1x sabrent rocket Q4 1TB for booting and game load times
Rip jaws v series 32 GB (2x16) RAM for future if you want 64 GB just add another one of those 

Fractal Design Meshify 2 ATX Mid Tower Case really nice air flow and looks good
a seasonic 850W 80+ PLATINUM Fully modular PSU (I wish I had that too.)
Noctua NH-D15 Cooler really good one and if you want can get the black edition for extra 10 USDs

MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard really nice board all around good VRMs for overclocking. (BEFORE USING THE 5950x you should update you bios. )
and I have also thrown in 2 Noctua S12B redux-1200 Case fans you can add more if you want for even more airflow
EDIT- sorry i forgot to give the link here it is 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/zgzZht

P.S- if you have any questions feel free to ask i will answer

A 5950X is a massive waste of money for a gaming pc. He doesn't need any more than a 5600X/5800X.

Not sure why he needs 8TB of HDD storage. Better off just going with a 2TB SSD to start with. No reason to put spinning rust in an 1800 Euro build.

Nice psu but not really needed. A Corsair RMx or similar will be cheaper.

Sorry but that board has a terrible VRM. Not sure where you are getting your info from ?

Arctic P fans over Noctua as they are cheaper and offer similar performance. 

1 minute ago, lee32uk said:

A 5950X is a massive waste of money for a gaming pc. He doesn't need any more than a 5600X/5800X.

Not sure why he needs 8TB of HDD storage. Better off just going with a 2TB SSD to start with. No reason to put spinning rust in an 1800 Euro build.

Nice psu but not really needed. A Corsair RMx or similar will be cheaper.

Sorry but that board has a terrible VRM. Not sure where you are getting your info from ?

Arctic P fans over Noctua as they are cheaper and offer similar performance. 

Sorry for that board I got mixed up between two builds. LOL thanks for better advice

Hello all and thanks for all the feedbacks.

After searching more and thanks to all your input here is my list:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7 GHz 12-Core Processor  (€539.29 @ Amazon France) 
CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 50.5 CFM CPU Cooler  (€77.84 @ Amazon France) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard  (€166.99 @ Amazon France) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory  (Purchased For €157.34) 
Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (€107.99 @ Amazon France) 
Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (€181.00 @ Amazon France) 
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 12 GB Founders Edition Video Card  (Purchased For €0.00) 
Case: be quiet! Pure Base 500 ATX Mid Tower Case  (€70.69 @ Amazon France) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS GX 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (€139.90 @ Amazon France) 
Total: €1441.04
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-09-08 18:47 CEST+0200

From what DroidGhost proposed and what I have read on other threads as well I would like to go with a 5900X (and I don't see any shortage on these right here so no pb for me). Changed the RAM because for some reasons the one you selected is twice the price in France. I also found a nice sober case (at least I think so).

I am still wondering about the cooler whether to take a be quiet dark rock pro or dark rock not pro or something else. I wanted to go with a Noctua but I'm not sure I need an additional adapter or something...

What do you think ? What are your comments ? point of view on this ?

58 minutes ago, Nipal said:

shouldnt be paired with GA102 GPUs. While its supposed to be fixed, allegedly some units are still trippin on these high transiense GPUs. 
edit: its also not a perticularly good PSU to begin with. 

Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (€107.99 @ Amazon France) 
Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (€181.00 @ Amazon France) 

motherboard only does 1 PCIe 4.0 drive without going into lanes for the GPUs. If you want to do multiple PCie 4.0 drives, X570 is prefferable, however realistically 3.0 drives are plenty. Also id suggest doing a single large drive, for this amount you can get 2TB of good SSD storage instead. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7 GHz 12-Core Processor  (€539.29 @ Amazon France) 

Overkill for the workloads you have decribed, a 5800x is plenty. 

On 9/6/2021 at 4:07 PM, Herman Mcpootis said:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3.8 GHz 8-Core Processor  (€399.36 @ Cdiscount) no need to waste money on a 5950X when you're just gaming. even a 5600X will do.
CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 240 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (€84.94 @ TopAchat) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO V2 ATX AM4 Motherboard  (€119.99 @ Cdiscount) 
Memory: Patriot Viper Steel 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3733 CL17 Memory  (€91.88 @ Alternate) get another kit next time if you need 32gb of ram in the future.
Storage: Corsair MP510 480 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (€72.95 @ Boulanger) you can spring for a 1TB SSD if you want to.
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€54.99 @ Cdiscount) 
Case: SilentiumPC Regnum RG6V TG ATX Mid Tower Case  (€71.88 @ Alternate) 
Power Supply: Enermax Revolution D.F. 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (€109.99 @ Cdiscount) 
Total: €1005.98
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-09-06 16:06 CEST+0200

Honestly just merge in this build. just swap out the bits you have allready bought. 

The Enermax Revolution DF is just a better and cheaper powersupply. 

and if you for whatever reason wanted bulk SSD storage. 

https://fr.pcpartpicker.com/product/J6ndnQ/silicon-power-a80-2-tb-m2-2280-nvme-solid-state-drive-sp002tbp34a80m28
this is nice and cheap. 

Thank you very much for your reply.

Very instructive !

1 hour ago, GoldenLag said:

shouldnt be paired with GA102 GPUs. While its supposed to be fixed, allegedly some units are still trippin on these high transiense GPUs. 
edit: its also not a perticularly good PSU to begin with. 

Ok, I'll switch it to a Enermax Revolution as you mentioned. Or maybe a Corsair ? I've been told they were quite good also ?

motherboard only does 1 PCIe 4.0 drive without going into lanes for the GPUs. If you want to do multiple PCie 4.0 drives, X570 is prefferable, however realistically 3.0 drives are plenty. Also id suggest doing a single large drive, for this amount you can get 2TB of good SSD storage instead. 

So I will drop the second SSD and start with only 1 To for now. I might add another one later if needed but at least I now know that it would be limited to a 3.0. Thanks for the warning !

Overkill for the workloads you have decribed, a 5800x is plenty

I know the CPU and the amount of RAM is overkill, but I'm thinking that this way I'll be able to keep it for longer before having to change it again.

Also, I was thinking maybe a Noctua NH-D15 82.5 CFM CPU Cooler instead of the Dark Rock pro 4 ?

47 minutes ago, Nipal said:

Or maybe a Corsair ? I've been told they were quite good also ?

depends which one, but the Rev DF is cheap and good in france atm. 

47 minutes ago, Nipal said:

Also, I was thinking maybe a Noctua NH-D15 82.5 CFM CPU Cooler instead of the Dark Rock pro 4 ?

id probably stick to the DRP4, or jump to the suprisingly cheap Liquid freezer 2. 

https://fr.pcpartpicker.com/product/wdkD4D/phanteks-cpu-cooler-phtc14pebk
or this cooler.