Corsair 900D Released at CES 2013. Thoughts?

Aleks

Post your thoughts of the new Corsair "Godzilla" 900D Chassis! I would love to here some of your opinions!

I think it's fucking sick! Too bad I can't afford it or the hardware worthy of occupying the massive amount of space in that beast... D':

I think it's fucking sick! Too bad I can't afford it or the hardware worthy of occupying the massive amount of space in that beast... D':
Your not alone my friend...your not alone...but in all seriousness i agree! its quite nice i must say!

Looks awesome! It is such a great case with so much potential for customization, especially for the water coolers. Corsair has really outdone themselves with this case! I wish I could afford it though :(

Looks like they are really trying to compete with Case Labs and such who make outstanding WC Case solutions. Looking forward to seeing this in stores so I can check it out in the flesh...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Looks awesome! It is such a great case with so much potential for customization, especially for the water coolers. Corsair has really outdone themselves with this case! I wish I could afford it though :(
Totally agree man! i heard it can fit up to 5 rads! this must be a watercoolers dream!

Looks like they are really trying to compete with Case Labs and such who make outstanding WC Case solutions. Looking forward to seeing this in stores so I can check it out in the flesh...
As am I! I was scared when they first revealed it thinking it was gonna cost $450 up. Thankfully they have managed to only increase the price by $50! very excited for this case!

looks sick, can even hold HTPX and EATX motherboards, plus a huge about of liquid cooling options available. I also love the way the front panel turned out, with the cast aluminum.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

Contemplating it - the amount of rad space is phenomenal and also with their new front 5 1/4" bay design I actually quite like it but the 4 USB 2.0's shit me. I know not all motherboards have enough headers but no one uses 6 USB ports on the front of their case at once and USB 2.0 is slowly dying.

Its a huge case!!! The Price tag $350 makes it out of reach for many builders but room for 2x 4x120mm rad, 1x 3x120mm rad and 1x1x120mm rad natively without modding is crazy

When the time comes for me to build a custom liquid cooled rig, I will use the Corsair Obsidian 900D.
Understandable! it will be a dream!

Its a huge case!!! The Price tag $350 makes it out of reach for many builders but room for 2x 4x120mm rad, 1x 3x120mm rad and 1x1x120mm rad natively without modding is crazy
Absolutely insane! but if you think about it, its only $50 more than what the 800d was. i think its nice to see that corsair understands our needs

I'm not too concerned with the cost because I'm sure they will be making it for many many years to come which will give me more than enough time to get the money and knowledge and do an utterly insane build in it. Now just do an incredibly shrink down version for ITX, Prodigy needs some better competition.

Cas's spec's(800D):
3570k @ 4.7GHz
H100 Push/Pull SP120's
GTX 680 @ 1345MHZ w/ DWOOD Brack & Antec 620
16GB 1866MHz Dominator Platinum
ASRock z77 Extreme 6
128GB Vertex 4
2 x 1TB WD Caviar Blue
B/W sleeved Corsair HX1000

looks sick, can even hold HTPX and EATX motherboards, plus a huge about of liquid cooling options available. I also love the way the front panel turned out, with the cast aluminum.
The front panel looks very sleek! once again, a well done job by corsair!

What a great case! So many different options and a great improvement over the 800D!

AMD Radeon R9 290X / AMD FX-8320 / Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 / Samsung 830 128GB / Seagate 7200RPM 3TB / Corsair HX 850W / BitFenix Shinobi XL / CPU & GPU Watercooled - Thick Triple 360 Rad

Awesome case! especially for water cooling!

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @4.8GHZ COOLER: Corsair H100 | MOBO: Gigabyte Z97 Gaming GT| GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 660ti SC 2way SLI | RAM: Gskill Ripjaws 4x2GB (8GB) | Soundcard: Asus Xonar Essence STX

| SSD: Intel 520 (120GB)HDD: WD Red 3TB | PSU: Corsair TX850M | Case: Corsair 750D  | Display #1: Samsung S24b350HL | Display #2: Acer Al1916W

Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 | Mouse: Roccat Kone XTD | Headset: AudioTechnica AD700X

Wonder just how much plastic to metal this sucker will be. I love my Switch 810 - and all macthes well and very thick plastic. Not flimsy as all.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

you can put in the freaking EVGA sr-x if you want xD

This looks like a very promising regular mass manufactured case. However for $350 I feel like this case is treading into the more niche case terretories such as CaseLabs and LittleDevil which I feel are far superior to the 900D.

Contemplating it - the amount of rad space is phenomenal and also with their new front 5 1/4" bay design I actually quite like it but the 4 USB 2.0's shit me. I know not all motherboards have enough headers but no one uses 6 USB ports on the front of their case at once and USB 2.0 is slowly dying.
emphasis on the "slowly". I don't have a single usb 3.0 device...I live in a shitty third world country and that stuff is expensive.

I'm not too concerned with the cost because I'm sure they will be making it for many many years to come which will give me more than enough time to get the money and knowledge and do an utterly insane build in it. Now just do an incredibly shrink down version for ITX, Prodigy needs some better competition.
exactly...to be honest I think the prodigy is not the most beautiful itx case out there...definitely practical...but ugleh

This looks like a very promising regular mass manufactured case. However for $350 I feel like this case is treading into the more niche case terretories such as CaseLabs and LittleDevil which I feel are far superior to the 900D.
I agree! and i hope it doesnt fall into that "niche" category. This case should be kept user friendly and affordable to most who want a case good for watercooling. For now i don't see it being a problem because its only $50 more than the 800D and its bound to drop eventually.

Still - looking at CaseLabs (some of my favorites) a close comparison would be with a ST10 maybe, a $420 or the SMH10 maybe, at $500. Hopefully though once they actually get it to market, they can shave a few bucks off those numbers George was throwing out. :)

Haswell build... I think you found a new home... Note to Self - start buying 480 rads when on sale!