240hz on a budget

MingLee420

Wanting a 240hz monitor but on a budget and i have to 2 options

Samsung CRG50 27 240 hz

Acer Nitro VG252Q X 24.5

i was wanting the acer because of the ips but the 0.5ms was making think twice about it so if anyone knows the overshoot of it, if its under 6ms at normal ill be fine getting it but tell me what you think

Main:

• CPU
    10700k 5ghz All core 47 ring ratio 1.275v
  • Motherboard
    MSI Z590 A Pro
  • RAM
    4x8 viper steel samsung bdie: 4200-17-17-30
  • GPU
    Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming Oc
  • Case
    O11 air mini
  • Storage
    970 Evo Plus 500gb OS, Sn550 1tb, 860 evo 500gb, 2tb MX500
  • PSU
    RM750x (2018)
  • Display(s)
    Acer Nitro vg272up, Kogan 24 1080 120hz
  • Cooling
    arctic 280aio, EK M.2 NVMe Heatsink on 970 evo plus

Second: 
    Cpu: i5-8400
    Cooling: ID-Cooling Frostflow 120x
    Ram: 2x8gb 2666 c16 hyperx fury, tuned the absolute balls out of it but def not stehble.
    Mobo: Asus Prime H310M-K
    Gpu: Igpu
    Case: Coolermaster MB311L

Well the CRG50 isnt a 240hz display, it may say it is .. but the pixel response times are nowhere near fast enough to handle that kind of refresh.. since ur after 240hz im gunna guess u want it for some kind of competitive play, in which case ull want a 'clear' 240hz. Unless ur going to buy the Odyssey G7 or G9 ..u dont want VA.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

7 hours ago, SolarNova said:

Well the CRG50 isnt a 240hz display, it may say it is .. but the pixel response times are nowhere near fast enough to handle that kind of refresh.. since ur after 240hz im gunna guess u want it for some kind of competitive play, in which case ull want a 'clear' 240hz. Unless ur going to buy the Odyssey G7 or G9 ..u dont want VA.

Thanks do you the response time and bluriness or whatever is the acer nitro

Main:

• CPU
  • Motherboard
    MSI Z590 A Pro
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
    O11 air mini
  • Storage
  • PSU
    RM750x (2018)
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling

Second: 
    Ram: 2x8gb 2666 c16 hyperx fury, tuned the absolute balls out of it but def not stehble.

8 hours ago, MingLee420 said:

Thanks do you the response time and bluriness or whatever is the acer nitro

Not of that specific model, however one can make educated guesses based on the advertisement material. Knowing that they bend the truth greatly, however have included "1ms with minimums of 0.1". Assuming this is on the highest overdrive which wont be usable, u can still be safe and assume the 'usable' overdrive will be suitably fast enough for 240hz as it seems to be a modern high speed IPS panel.

The big question will be how well calibrated it is out of the box and how bad the black uniformity is. I'd expect uniformity to be rather poor so temper ur expectations in that regard, but they have a relatively good track record of having passable factory calibration in at least one of the preset profiles.

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/tools/table/61383

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

On 9/4/2021 at 2:45 PM, SolarNova said:

Not of that specific model, however one can make educated guesses based on the advertisement material. Knowing that they bend the truth greatly, however have included "1ms with minimums of 0.1". Assuming this is on the highest overdrive which wont be usable, u can still be safe and assume the 'usable' overdrive will be suitably fast enough for 240hz as it seems to be a modern high speed IPS panel.

Do NOT assume anything when it comes to monitors. It could literally be just as bad as the Samsung one. Educated guesses based on monitor specs are worthless imo as the specs are basically straight up lies when it comes to response times.

If you really want a 24" 1080p 240Hz IPS monitor that is KNOWN to be good, go for the MSI MAG251RX.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

3 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

Do NOT assume anything when it comes to monitors. It could literally be just as bad as the Samsung one. Educated guesses based on monitor specs are worthless imo as the specs are basically straight up lies when it comes to response times.

Educated guess would have been a better word, and u can make them. Its still a guess in the end though.

However, in this specific case i stand by what i said. A 'modern' 240hz IPS display is highly likely to be capable, especially in this case vs the VA panel option.

As i mentioned in my pinned guide here, advertisements are very misleading, not outright lies, but misleading. Out right lies would result in legal action, they dont lie, they mislead.

A 1ms monitor will be a 1ms monitor. But it only needs to achieve 1ms in 1 transition at max overdrive to qualify that statement to be true. Its misleading, as the average will be slower especially on a usable OD setting ..but its not a 'lie'.

1 hour ago, SolarNova said:

As i mentioned in my pinned guide here, advertisements are very misleading, not outright lies, but misleading. Out right lies would result in legal action, they dont lie, they mislead.

A 1ms monitor will be a 1ms monitor. But it only needs to achieve 1ms in 1 transition at max overdrive to qualify that statement to be true. Its misleading, as the average will be slower especially on a usable OD setting ..but its not a 'lie'.

It's debateable if you can call it misleading or lie. Most 1ms monitors straight up don't achieve it even with their highest overdrive that introduces extreme amounts of overshoot. And other monitors barely scratch the 1ms mark with some transitions, but still including intolerable overshoot.

So i'd say most 1ms claims are lies, as they're not even capable of a 1ms response time even in ideal conditions.

Literally the only true 1ms display i've ever seen reviewed is the LG C1 OLED. And that one doesn't even boast about any response times whatsoever.

LCD's are simply NOT capable of 1ms response times (not even in ideal conditions) and manufacturers should just accept that and stop advertising IPS monitors as 1ms displays.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

JOLED monitors are capable of doing 0.1ms or even less. I had both and returned them. Unfortunately their extremely fast response have been hold back by the.....limited refresh of 60hz.....

May I ask why it's very important of having a very fast pixel response times? You'd only be trying to spot the response times instead of enjoying. It's no secrect manufacturers likes to shit on consumers. Usually it's false advertising or they'll you to fuck off and use a preset of having the advertised response times.

And also why 240hz? There are 144hz versions too.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

On 9/6/2021 at 9:48 PM, Stahlmann said:

It's debateable if you can call it misleading or lie. Most 1ms monitors straight up don't achieve it even with their highest overdrive that introduces extreme amounts of overshoot. And other monitors barely scratch the 1ms mark with some transitions, but still including intolerable overshoot.

So i'd say most 1ms claims are lies, as they're not even capable of a 1ms response time even in ideal conditions.

Literally the only true 1ms display i've ever seen reviewed is the LG C1 OLED. And that one doesn't even boast about any response times whatsoever.

LCD's are simply NOT capable of 1ms response times (not even in ideal conditions) and manufacturers should just accept that and stop advertising IPS monitors as 1ms displays.

On 9/6/2021 at 8:36 PM, SolarNova said:

Educated guess would have been a better word, and u can make them. Its still a guess in the end though.

However, in this specific case i stand by what i said. A 'modern' 240hz IPS display is highly likely to be capable, especially in this case vs the VA panel option.

hey so i found that the samsung odyssey g7 and is on sale and only 100 dollars more than a good 1080p monitor and i have checked that i can run esport titles other than warzone and something else i can play csgo, rocket league at more than 350 fps and even forza 7, fh3 at higher than 160 fps but its mainly cuz its for 240hz and 1440p is so much better to my eyes and it will be insane when rtx 3080 prices go down ill be able to crank the settings on warzone, fh4 and other games at 1440p and still get 180 fps

Main:

• CPU
  • Motherboard
    MSI Z590 A Pro
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
    O11 air mini
  • Storage
  • PSU
    RM750x (2018)
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling

Second: 

1 hour ago, MingLee420 said:

hey so i found that the samsung odyssey g7 and is on sale and only 100 dollars more than a good 1080p monitor and i have checked that i can run esport titles other than warzone and something else i can play csgo, rocket league at more than 350 fps and even forza 7, fh3 at higher than 160 fps but its mainly cuz its for 240hz and 1440p is so much better to my eyes and it will be insane when rtx 3080 prices go down ill be able to crank the settings on warzone, fh4 and other games at 1440p and still get 180 fps

Good luck when going for the G7. It's a gamble at best. That's why it's ofthen on sale.