Case and Motherboard Compatibility

Enforcers

Hey guys. I'm planning for a rig I'll be making soon. The case I'll be making it in is the Bitfenix Shinobi (not the XL version).

The motherboard I want to use is the ROG Maximus V Formula because it just looks so beast.

I saw that the motherboard was being called ATX and sometimes E-ATX. I found out that it is a little longer than ATX but not quite E-ATX length. I want to know if any forum member who owns the same case can find out if it fits inside it (without any modding).

Thanks in advance guys! :)

I've done a few builds in the NZXT Source 210, which is an identical chassis with a different shroud on the front.

You would be able to fit that board into the chassis comfortably, But it will run slightly over the top of your cable management holes on the motherboard tray, not enough to be a problem though :)

Ok it looks like an ATX case, one thing I don't like seeing and this is personal preference is small motherboards in big cases, I always think it looks neater if you match the PCI slot numbers from the case with the ones on the mother board

so it has 7 slots on the case. . .  So yup should fit good.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | Cooler: Stock | RAM: 16GB Hyper Fury X RGB | GPU: RTX 2080 Super FTW3 | Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite| PSU: Corsair RM850x
Storage: WD SN750 500GB / 850 500GB Samsung Evo /  | CASE: 570X | Display: Dell u2414h  | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: Corsair M65

Ok thanks guys. Much appreciated. I'll be going for this board until I see the ROG line up for haswell next month.

Yes you should be completely fine using the case you are. Hopefully manufacturers will come to their senses and begin to make noticeable differences in how they promote boards with these "non-official" sizes. Sometimes people are caught completely by surprise when their "ATX" motherboard causes hardware conflicts due to the unmentioned extra bit they add to their boards.