Heard a weird noise from pc, what should I do?

Lotinsh

So I was just using my computer as usual and I heard a noise like a human breath and a sound that sounded like putting a glass/mug on table, no video was playing, I immediately closed discord and unplugged my microphone, I thought it might have come from discord and I accidentally called someone, but no, doesn't seem like so. This is the 2nd time this has happened, last time was many months ago and I just dismissed it as being a glitch or something, now I'm starting to get worried, am I hacked? What should I do?

Sorry, I know this isn't your typical computer hardware or software question, but I'm genuinely worried.

• 2 months later...
On 9/1/2021 at 11:51 AM, Lotinsh said:

So I was just using my computer as usual and I heard a noise like a human breath and a sound that sounded like putting a glass/mug on table, no video was playing, I immediately closed discord and unplugged my microphone, I thought it might have come from discord and I accidentally called someone, but no, doesn't seem like so. This is the 2nd time this has happened, last time was many months ago and I just dismissed it as being a glitch or something, now I'm starting to get worried, am I hacked? What should I do?

Sorry, I know this isn't your typical computer hardware or software question, but I'm genuinely worried.

Hey! Remember me? Anyway, This sounds like a Remote Access Trojan. I actually just had one of these and It was caused by me actually. My symptoms were beeping when opening file explorer. I fixed it and haven't had the problem since. My suggestion however is that you one, Restart you pc. Two, If you've modified any main system files in any way, Undo those changes and run some scans on different anti-virus software. If the bug/problem still persists, Try a different install of Windows or Linux (Whichever you use, I'm not judgmental) for a little while.

I know it's a pain to do, Sometimes it might actually be a HARDWARE problem. I kept having a problem last night where my audio would come out all distorted... Not sure what was causing it yet but I think it's my headset. Just try checking for a R.A.T. and then a new windows installation. If it's still there, Check hardware. Good luck man!