Problem with Fan speed setting from BIOS

Eypha

Hey,

I've set my fan curves in BIOS (even updated to the latest version) But everytime when I start windows the fans ignore the BIOS setting and are spinning extremely slow. So something is probably overwriting my BIOS settings.. Any ideas how I can investigate the issue?

I use NZXT Cam for my 3 fans on the radiator (which are not the ones resetting), MSI afterburner for my GPU settings and iCue for rgb fans/ram (i know its a lot of different shit)

is the computer at a temp that would trigger the fans to spin faster

3 minutes ago, emosun said:

is the computer at a temp that would trigger the fans to spin faster

yeah. they are slower than the speed i've set. They wont change speed no mather what happens.. not even under load. idk what's causing the problem

they are all 3 on the normal fan headers on the MoBo

Do you ever want them to change speed? If you just want them at a constant speed that's higher than what they are at now you could just wire them right to the 5v or 12v on the power supply. Or use a basic fan controller instead of the one on the board.

13 minutes ago, emosun said:

Do you ever want them to change speed? If you just want them at a constant speed that's higher than what they are at now you could just wire them right to the 5v or 12v on the power supply. Or use a basic fan controller instead of the one on the board.

i'm fine with them sitting at a fixed speed. I wanted to fix it without adding another software to control them but that's probably the solution I have to go for

2 hours ago, Eypha said:

i'm fine with them sitting at a fixed speed. I wanted to fix it without adding another software to control them but that's probably the solution I have to go for

if you just want a fixed speed that doesn;t need any software you can just use a fan controller or the 5v or 12v

CAM or iCUE might be overriding bios fan settings. Try changing the fan speed in both programs and seeing which one takes effect. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.