oops i got a 3080 ti founders edition

saereo

Budget (including currency): 1250 usd

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 4k gaming, web browsing, 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I currently use a crappy $500 usd laptop to game and watch twitch. It struggles though to play games like outer worlds and cyberpunk. I went to best buy on restock day to troll the line and ended up with a 3080ti. Now I am looking into putting it into use since I believe upselling is morally evil. I have never built a pc before or know where to start since I prefer laptops for the moveablity over desktops. I would like the best bang for my buck but (being the silly person I am) am looking at 32gb of ram and 5950x processor which most people here I assume would tell me is overkill. Please refrain from roasting me too much for my troll antics and poor position and help me choose the best parts. 

First of all, congrats on getting a card! Pretty tough in today's market even if it was just to troll. The 5950X is not much better (sometimes worst) for gaming and quite a bit more expensive than the 5900X. The 5900X is a really good deal right now and would be the most I would try to "future-proof" for CPU's. Although, cyberpunk can use all those cores, so maybe it might not be too crazy in your use case XD. If you just want to go super premium though, why not? If you can afford it, go for the 5950X with 64 GB of ram. Super overkill for today, but future games will eventually utilize it. It will also be a much smoother experience multitasking with more cores, so that's another thing to consider.

For parts, you can go with something like this (swap the cpu for 5950X if you like, still should work well):

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7 GHz 12-Core Processor  ($519.99 @ Newegg) 
CPU Cooler: ID-COOLING ZOOMFLOW 360X ARGB 62 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($93.49 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($155.00 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Team T-FORCE VULCAN Z 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory  ($129.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Silicon Power A80 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($99.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Asus GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 12 GB ROG STRIX GAMING OC Video Card 
Case: Lian Li Lancool II Mesh ATX Mid Tower Case  ($118.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: MSI 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($111.03 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1228.48
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-08-29 04:25 EDT-0400

Move the fans pre-installed at the front, to the top and back of the case (as exhaust fans). Mount the 140mm 2-pack fans at the front of the case (as intake fans). Usually corsair has arrows to show you which way airflow will go. You want air going into the case from the front, and out the back and top of the case.

BUILD GUIDE | Thermal Paste (PEA METHOD) | What comes After

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/xDWRrr

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($272.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black 55 CFM CPU Cooler  ($79.95 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($155.00 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($124.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital SN750 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($59.99 @ Western Digital)
Storage: Western Digital Blue 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($94.99 @ Western Digital)
Video Card: Asus GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 12 GB ROG STRIX GAMING OC Video Card
Case: Corsair iCUE 4000X RGB ATX Mid Tower Case  ($119.49 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair RMx (2021) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($149.99 @ Best Buy)
Case Fan: Corsair iCUE SP140 RGB ELITE 68.1 CFM 140 mm Fans 2-Pack  ($67.98 @ Amazon)
$1125.37

You can save a little bit of money, by not going RGB, but you'll lose a fan there.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/kjzc9N

Am I still to create the perfect system?! ~ Clu

Keep your expectations low, boy, and you will never be disappointed. ~ Kratos

1 hour ago, saereo said:

Now I am looking into putting it into use since I believe upselling is morally evil.

you can also sell it for a reasonable price. 🤪