How many fans can i fit and how do i make it work

Alex_pap

So iam planning to build a new mini itx system in either the h210i or the h210. Iam planning on pairing a i5 11th gen with a kraken cooler and i cant seem to understand how i can make 4 fans work on it. The h210i comes with a led strip and a fan controller wich i dont know if i need wich fits 3 fans. For motherboard iam thinking of either going with a Msi Z490i Unify or a depending on wich is compatible for this fan setup. Please someone make me understand can i power my fans trough the motherboard or what do i need to do is the motherboard enough cuz i dont think so. Basically help me figure out how i can make 4 fans work on this and where do i plug em in cuz iam kinda clueless in that department

I would advise against using an NZXT H series case as they're all closed off. The H210 is nothing more than a hot box that will not keep your components cool no matter how hard you try. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

10 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

I would advise against using an NZXT H series case as they're all closed off. The H210 is nothing more than a hot box that will not keep your components cool no matter how hard you try. 

Honestly i havent found any other itx cases that i like so iam going to stick with this one Nw i will Find a way to keep my components cooled i just cant understand how i can fit 4 case fans. Like where do i connect them on the motherboard is there enough space and if not the motherboard then where i cant get it lmao

You can purchase aftermarket replacement fronts for the H210/H210i with better ventilation, but when there are a number of other good options that would cost less once you've added in the price of the mod, you'd have to really really like the look of the H210 to justify it. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

1 minute ago, Alex_pap said:

Honestly i havent found any other itx cases that i like so iam going to stick with this one Nw i will Find a way to keep my components cooled i just cant understand how i can fit 4 case fans. Like where do i connect them on the motherboard is there enough space and if not the motherboard then where i cant get it lmao

The board has 3 fan headers, but you could always either get an external fan hub or a Y splitter and run 2 of them on a splitter and the other 2 on a header each. 

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

7 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

The board has 3 fan headers, but you could always either get an external fan hub or a Y splitter and run 2 of them on a splitter and the other 2 on a header each. 

The h210i comes with a fan hub wich you can connect 3 fans so if i get that one connect 3 fans to it and another one to the fan header on the motherboard i should be fine right ?

8 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Question what board the asus or the msi one

10 minutes ago, Middcore said:

You can purchase aftermarket replacement fronts for the H210/H210i with better ventilation, but when there are a number of other good options that would cost less once you've added in the price of the mod, you'd have to really really like the look of the H210 to justify it. 

Where can i find those replacement fronts. Also if you can find me a mini itx case that looks this good you can tell me everysingle one exept this one and the winter one look not as clean as they could be in my opinion. Man aesthetics are really important for me 

Question what board the asus or the msi one

The only board I see you listed was the MSI Z490i Unify?

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Just now, Skiiwee29 said:

The only board I see you listed was the MSI Z490i Unify?

sorry i missed the other one, My other one in consideration is the Asus ROG STRIX Z590-I

4 minutes ago, Alex_pap said:

sorry i missed the other one, My other one in consideration is the Asus ROG STRIX Z590-I

Both boards have 3 fan headers so thats a wash. Biggest thing to consider if what CPU you're pairing it with. If a 10xxx CPU, then either will be fine, if an 11xxx CPU, then the Z590i Strix. Reason being is PCIE gen 4. Without an 11xxx CPU, the m.2 slot wired directly into the CPU is disabled on the z590 platform. There is another m.2 slot on the Strix board, but it runs through the chipset, so it could potentially cause a bottleneck as a result. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

2 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Both boards have 3 fan headers so thats a wash. Biggest thing to consider if what CPU you're pairing it with. If a 10xxx CPU, then either will be fine, if an 11xxx CPU, then the Z590i Strix. Reason being is PCIE gen 4. Without an 11xxx CPU, the m.2 slot wired directly into the CPU is disabled on the z590 platform. There is another m.2 slot on the Strix board, but it runs through the chipset, so it could potentially cause a bottleneck as a result. 

Iam pairing it with a i5 11600k and a 1080ti 11gb, I kinda got lost in the technicals i really dont know what to think 

Iam pairing it with a i5 11600k and a 1080ti 11gb, I kinda got lost in the technicals i really dont know what to think 

Then go with the Strix Z590i so you can use PCIE Gen 4 wired directly into your CPU for m.2 storage. Its also backwards compatible with Gen 3 m.2 drives.

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

1 minute ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Then go with the Strix Z590i so you can use PCIE Gen 4 wired directly into your CPU for m.2 storage. Its also backwards compatible with Gen 3 m.2 drives.

so if i go with the strix i can use my m.2 but if i dont i cant?

Just now, Alex_pap said:

so if i go with the strix i can use my m.2 but if i dont i cant?

No, you can go with either board. Gen 4 m.2 drives will work in Gen 3 slots. It only really mattered if you had a 10th gen or 11th gen CPU. Since you have 11th gen, either board is fine and will work just fine. I would go with whichever is cheaper or has an eco system for things such as GPU or RGB etc that you're already in to lessen the bloatware crap that is RGB software. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

2 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

No, you can go with either board. Gen 4 m.2 drives will work in Gen 3 slots. It only really mattered if you had a 10th gen or 11th gen CPU. Since you have 11th gen, either board is fine and will work just fine. I would go with whichever is cheaper or has an eco system for things such as GPU or RGB etc that you're already in to lessen the bloatware crap that is RGB software. 

Last question if i want to upgrade to future gpus like a 3000 series will it be compatible 

Just now, Alex_pap said:

Last question if i want to upgrade to future gpus like a 3000 series will it be compatible 

Yep. PCIe is backwards compatible. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Yep. PCIe is backwards compatible. 

Cuz i got a little bit confused in the Beginning both motherboards wont have any problem with anything like pcie slots or m.2 slots Or future upgrades in every department

Just now, Alex_pap said:

Cuz i got a little bit confused in the Beginning both motherboards wont have any problem with anything like pcie slots or m.2 slots Or future upgrades in every department

Only thing that would have been a problem is if you had a 10th gen CPU on the z590i Strix. This is due to a restriction Intel put on there chips that would lock/disable the m.2 wired directly into the CPU if you used a 10th gen CPU on a z590 board. Since you're not using a 10th gen, but are using an 11th gen, this will not be a problem for you. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Only thing that would have been a problem is if you had a 10th gen CPU on the z590i Strix. This is due to a restriction Intel put on there chips that would lock/disable the m.2 wired directly into the CPU if you used a 10th gen CPU on a z590 board. Since you're not using a 10th gen, but are using an 11th gen, this will not be a problem for you. 

Alright thank you so much for putting up with me. You helped me immensely in my decision have a great day.