Wifi problems on all adapters only

aldoggy

at my apartment i get great download speeds but upload speeds so poor, i generally cant play any competitive online game because about every ten seconds or so i will get a lag spike. I have 3 usb wifi adapter of decent quality and all lag similarly. To test if it was the WIFI, i asked my friend with a mobo with built in wifi (mine doesnt have built in) to play games here, and when he did, he had great ping the entire time he used his mobo wifi and when he used each of my 3 wifi adapters he lagged every time. Does anyone have any idea on why this is happening or what to test. It seems like the wifi is good but my reception(or upload) is bad.

31 minutes ago, aldoggy said:

at my apartment i get great download speeds but upload speeds so poor, i generally cant play any competitive online game because about every ten seconds or so i will get a lag spike. I have 3 usb wifi adapter of decent quality and all lag similarly. To test if it was the WIFI, i asked my friend with a mobo with built in wifi (mine doesnt have built in) to play games here, and when he did, he had great ping the entire time he used his mobo wifi and when he used each of my 3 wifi adapters he lagged every time. Does anyone have any idea on why this is happening or what to test. It seems like the wifi is good but my reception(or upload) is bad.

Do you have a direct separate connection to the ISP or is it building wifi?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

3 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Do you have a direct separate connection to the ISP or is it building wifi?

Not 100% sure what you mean but I have no direct ethernet access to the modem/router in my apartment

1 minute ago, aldoggy said:

Not 100% sure what you mean but I have no direct ethernet access to the modem/router in my apartment

One would assume you are connecting to the modem/router via wifi or even to a bridge or repeater that connects to that modem.  Either would be a direct connection albeit a wireless one.  You might be connecting to a different network other than that modem/router of course.  Apartment buildings often have systems that go through the building systems first and are shared.  These would be sometimes subject to heavy hits from other users of that network in the building.  Another possibility is there is some electrical appliance that is causing interference when it goes on or off. A third would be the way your ISP arranges stuff.  There are likely more I’m not thinking of. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

15 hours ago, aldoggy said:

I have 3 usb wifi adapter of decent quality and all lag similarly.

USB wireless adapters don't perform as well as PCIe alternatives in my experience.

What are the makes/models of your adapters?

Do you know the make/model of the wireless router/AP/gateway? Can you access the administration panel to be able to see the wireless settings?

It seems like the wifi is good but my reception(or upload) is bad.

What is "good"? What is "bad"? You never gave numbers. Please post your speed tests so we can compare to what you're paying for.

Try running a wireless survey using WiFi Analyzer. Post the graphical output of the channel analysis for both 2.4GHz and 5GHz.