Mate 10 Pro dropped in salt water

MasterOctavian

Hi. I dropped my Huawei Mate 10 Pro in salt water for like 3 seconds then i took it out and wiped it with a towel, it is still vibrating but the screen is black the touch is not working.
How can I get the data from it without screen and touch working? (without an usb c to hdmi adapter)
There is gotta be some way to pull the data from it without rooting and usb debugging...

Salt water liquid damage is one of the worst types it's a hell of a lot more corrosive and it causes a lot more damage. Other than plugging the phone into a computer with the USB and seeing if you can access the storage there isn't really anything else you can do besides trying to get it to display. I would recommend leaving it off and putting it in a bag of rice for at least 24 hours. See if that get's the screen working. If this just happened you're going to want to let the device dry out fully before trying to power it on, leaving it on or trying to turn it on if it turned off will only increase the chance of shorting or frying and damage it more.

Are you not signed into a gmail account on the phone? Did you not have it set to backup your pictures or contacts? If it's signed into a gmail account and you didn't say no to backups it should have all contacts and pictures saved to your gmail to where if you got a new phone you could use that backup. 

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

First don't do anything and let it dry a good long time until you are sure all the moisture is gone to not risk shorting anything else. Then try connecting it to a computer to browse the files perhaps?

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

Yeah that's the problem. The Google Storage is full bcs they changed the politics..
And I couldn't turn off it because the touch stopped working I was looking at it dying.|

Now It's just vibrating.

Edited by MasterOctavian
completing my note

Given your description it's unlikely you'll be able to do anything on your own, a reputable phone repair company might be able to help.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

When you expose a phone to salt water, you cannot just let it dry.  The water will evaporate eventually but it leaves all the salt crystals in the phone's internals. You need to rinse it out first before allowing it to dry.  The most effective way is to basically wash it or submerge it in the purest alcohol you can find.  The alcohol will push out the water and then evaporate clean with no residue. The other way is to use distilled  water.  Since distilled water is supposed to be free of all impurities, it will also evaporate clean. Unfortunately you need to do this as soon as possible after you dropped it in salt water. It's possible you could still revive it but salt starts to corrode and rust the components pretty much immediately. 

Ok so, thanks to everyone involved in this topic.

I got an usb c multi port hub and with my keyboard i intuitively entered the pin and i could see my phone's screen on my monitor.
I  pulled off all the data i could.