Samsung Galaxy SIII battery problem after jelly bean update

Have you guys had any trouble with your battery? I haven't tell me your experiences.

I'm using the Note 2 and no issues so far for me :/ but then again the battery on that thing never dies.....

<p>Mobo - Asus P9X79 LE ----------- CPU - I7 4930K @ 4.4GHz ------ COOLER - Custom Loop ---------- GPU - R9 290X Crossfire ---------- Ram - 8GB Corsair Vengence Pro @ 1866 --- SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 128GB ------ PSU - Corsair AX 860i ----- Case - Corsair 900D

Slick and his brother apparently had this problem. But i live in the UK and havent had any problems.

I'm just a soul who is up to no good.

I use the Galaxy S3 in Kansas in the united states and shortly after i upgraded to jelly bean (first 4.1.1) i noticed an immense drop in battery life which was totally inconsistent with my experience thus far.Before i go into the solution let me give you a little background on how i use my phone. I am a student worker tech support at a community college that i attend. This means i text all day between co workers and my boss. I use GPS to get to some of our remote sites( i no longer have to support these buildings thankfully). I also use Google chrome mobile to look up answers to problems and monitor my bitcoin mining(small operation at home)  I looked into what was running on my phone, what was using my battery, what i installed around that time. Basically i did a thorough comb through of the software. After a short time i narrowed it down to a few things. 1. my battery(stock) was going bad. 2. GPS was draining the life out of my battery. 3. Google maps wouldn't turn off and stay off. After a little more trouble shooting and no minor amount of frustration i figured out it was a mixture of Google maps not staying off( no matter how i killed the app it would just start back up) and the GPS being on (its off now and that made a major difference). The towers in Kansas are still space pretty far apart though i am lucky enough that at work there is one right out back so i get better battery life there than at home. So it turned out the maps thing was a bug in Verizons software so i don't know how relevant that is to other regions. the GPS however was just killing my battery( Which would turn on with maps every time). I cleared all data in the maps app and cleared the cache and hat seemed to temporarily fix the problem but it would always start again. Then verizon release another update (4.1.2) which fixed the problem and now i can go 1.5 days on 1 charge with medium use and 1 day with heavy use. 

Okay thanks guys for the feedback, also do any of you guys have a sleep wake lag on your gs3? Because I am having major problems with that

Whenever any of my phones have received an update to a new version of android such gingerbread to ics or ics to jelly bean, etc.

I always wipe the cache partition if I don't plan on doing a factory data reset which is always the best option for a new iteration update.

Note: You will not lose any settings or personal files by doing this.

Here's how to wipe the cache partition on an S3

Turn off the device, press simultaneously the Volume Up, Home and Power keys.

When the device vibrates, let go only the Power key and keep holding the other two.

When the Android recovery appears, let go of all other keys.

Navigate through the menu using the volume keys and use the power key to select a menu.

Highlight the "Wipe Cache Partition" by using the volume key and then select it.

After the process, the "Reboot Phone Now" will become highlighted, press the power key to select it and wait till the device reboots.

System Specs: i7-4770K @ 4.4 GHz 16GB Corsair Ram @ 2000MHz Asus GTX 670 DC2T

My battery life seems the same but the phone is complete garbage anyway. Mine is covered in dents and scratches around the outside. I won't break it intentionally, but if the screen was to become damaged.. I guess I'd have to get rid of this monstrosity. :D

I would try to find the factory JB image and wipe the device then flash the image to give you a fresh start. This is EXTREMELY common with iOS updates and I NEVER once updated over my current setup, I always freshly install. BTW I have an S4, came from a Note 2/S3/S2/SkyRocket/Infuse/iPhone 4S/iPhone 4/iPhone 3GS/iPhone 3G so I am experianced in doing this on a number of devices.

I don't think 4.1.2 is available in canada yet. I can only get 4.1.1 :(

LinusTechTips Livestream ModTeam

BUILD - i7-3770K @4.7GHz - Asus Maximus V Formula - Corsair Dominator Platinum - CM Storm Trooper w/ side window - Asus Matrix HD7970 Platinum - Corsair HX1050 - CM Storm Quick Fire TK BLUE - Razer Ourobours - Custom Loop

I have experienced no battery problems with my Galaxy S3 after the update. Although I did have problems before it was remedied i guess...

PC: The Oracle
Phone History: Nokia 3310, Samsung Z500, HTC Touch, iPhone 3GS + Samsung S5600 Preston, iPhone 3GS + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S2 + Samsung Galaxy Tab + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S3 + Blackberry Torch 9800, Samsung Galaxy Note 2 + Blackberry Bold 9900 + Blackberry Playbook, Samsung Galaxy Note 2  + Nokia Lumia 920, Galaxy S4 +Nokia Lumia 920, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy S5

Try turning off Google Now? It's definitely a battery eater.

• 5 months later...

Hi all, after wiping the cache:

Here's how to wipe the cache partition on an S3

Turn off the device, press simultaneously the Volume Up, Home and Power keys.

When the device vibrates, let go only the Power key and keep holding the other two.

When the Android recovery appears, let go of all other keys.

Navigate through the menu using the volume keys and use the power key to select a menu.

Highlight the "Wipe Cache Partition" by using the volume key and then select it.

After the process, the "Reboot Phone Now" will become highlighted, press the power key to select it and wait till the device reboots.

My S3 mini phone discharges when it reaches the level of 70%.
Also it has become very slow when charging and when it discharges at level 70 % when plugged in it doesnt charge from 0 but from 70 5 to 100%.

What can I do to fix this? 
Please help. Thanks!