NZXT Kraken X72 Fan Stopped Spinning

I have an NZXT Kraken X72 AIO installed on my NZXT H710 case. The cooler was working fine for about a year. But suddenly, I noticed that the CPU (Ryzen 9 3900x) temperature went up because the radiator fans (NZXT AER RGB 2) stopped spinning. So I opened the case and tried to troubleshoot the problem. The fans were connected to the 10 pin cable that came from the CPU block. I removed and reconnected them to the fan controller of the case. This time two of the fans worked and one didn't. I finally concluded that one of the fans were broken so I replaced it with another one. But if I connect them back to the cable that came from the CPU block, they don't work, just the RGB lights up. So I kept the connected to the controller.

Today, I noticed the fans stopped spinning again. So I disconnected the 10 pin cable from the CPU block and reconnected it after reading a suggestion online. And it started working again. But I noticed that the "Kraken X Fan" is showing 0 RPM in the NZXT CAM software. I don't know which is this. I'm also worried that the fans might stop spinning again. Where could be problem be? Should change the whole AIO or is there any other alternative?

cooler.PNG

Update: The fans stopped spinning again 😞

And the cable that came from the CPU block is 9 pin, not 10.

The splitter off the pump reads rpm off one of the headers. That header has 4pins as opposed to the others which have 3 pins. Make sure that the fan connector isn't loose. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

1 hour ago, WoodenMarker said:

The splitter off the pump reads rpm off one of the headers. That header has 4pins as opposed to the others which have 3 pins. Make sure that the fan connector isn't loose. 

Thanks for the reply, appreciate it.

The fan connector off the pump if not working at all. None of the fans spin if I connect them to the header off the pump. Currently the radiator fans are connected to the Fan/RGB controller of the case. It works for about an hour and stops again, it happened twice.

21 minutes ago, Sohag224 said:

The fan connector off the pump if not working at all. None of the fans spin if I connect them to the header off the pump. Currently the radiator fans are connected to the Fan/RGB controller of the case. It works for about an hour and stops again, it happened twice.

What fan settings are you using for the fans plugged into the controller? Have you tried raising fan speeds?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

1 hour ago, WoodenMarker said:

What fan settings are you using for the fans plugged into the controller? Have you tried raising fan speeds?

I'm using NZXT Cam to control the fans speed. It was set to silent preset. Now I'm running it at 100% speed. I'll report if it stops again. 

Do you think the 9 pin cable that came from the pump is creating the problem from beginning?

On 8/26/2021 at 7:58 PM, Sohag224 said:

Do you think the 9 pin cable that came from the pump is creating the problem from beginning?

Possibly. It could be a loose cable.