Help Mining with a GTX 1650 Super 4GB

Hello! I'm very new to mining! I only have a GTX 1650 Super 4GB card from Zotac and I only intended to use this card for gaming. However, recently with the pandemic, I've grown to other types of hobbies, which has ultimately lessened my time for gaming. My PC now has a lot of idle time. When I told this to my friend, he said I should just leave it to mine since it would be giving me small but passive income.

It's only been 5 days and I've used NiceHash (because NiceHash QuickMiner wouldn't accept my GPU) and so far I have gained $5. This is fine for me since this is still extra income, and I don't have to worry about costs for electricity because I'm not paying for it.

I understand that this is a very weak card for mining, and for most people who have to worry about electricity costs, this is not profitable. However, when I do quick google searches I find pictures like these and I see that there is SUPPOSEDLY more profit on other... platforms? Or IDK what to call it, since I'm very new to mining and have only used NiceHash

r/CryptoCurrency - Help with Mining with a GTX 1650 Super 4GB

Source: https://minerstat.com/hardware/nvidia-gtx-1650-super

r/CryptoCurrency - Help with Mining with a GTX 1650 Super 4GB

Source: https://www.gpucheck.com/profitability/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1650-super

It seems that on both these sites, it says that I can potentially double my profit per month if I use 1) Ravencoin? - and 2) XZC-MTP (CCMiner)?

Can anyone please explain to me:

1.) What that Ravencoin RVN is and how it has a higher Daily Profit than my current setup (~$1.25 vs. $2.76)

2.) What XZC-MTP (CCMiner) is and how it also has a higher Daily Profit than my current setup (~$1.25 vs. $2.70)

3.) If they are truly accurate estimates, how would I go about switching to those platforms?

PS: My friend also told me that NiceHash automatically benchmarks and selects the "algorithm" that is most profitable for my setup, and it is currently what I'm running right now on NiceHash. Is this the best option for me?

you can go to the plugins section and add different algorithms to be benchmarked and then nice hash will use the most profitable one.

1$ a day is much better than my 1050's  22 cents a day

4 minutes ago, coolpotatoe724 said:

you can go to the plugins section and add different algorithms to be benchmarked and then nice hash will use the most profitable one.

1$ a day is much better than my 1050's  22 cents a day

There's a lot of options here, and some of them are already installed. Which ones should I pick? And are they safe to install?

7 hours ago, LukeIsLoveLukeIsLife said:

It's only been 5 days and I've used NiceHash (because NiceHash QuickMiner wouldn't accept my GPU) and so far I have gained $5. This is fine for me since this is still extra income, and I don't have to worry about costs for electricity because I'm not paying for it.

Run all of the benchmarks in NiceHash. After you've done that it'll know the hashrate you have and will automatically determine what is most profitable to mine, switching to that. There might be a setting you have to turn on for auto-switching, it's been a long time and I forgot whether that's the default.

3.) If they are truly accurate estimates, how would I go about switching to those platforms?

They are an indication often assuming some specific memory and core clock settings as well. True profit will depend on your actual hashrate and of course actual difficulty and worth of the coin in question.

Just as a side comment, is this an "it's included in the rent" type of deal or "my parents are paying" type of situation? Because in the latter you are most certainly paying for it and you should at least let them know.

And as a final comment, be fully aware that as long as you hold the asset themselves (i.e. as the crypto) these are all unrealised gains. You do not have that profit in hand until you sell it for fiat.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB