Security flaw allows Windows admin privileges just by plugging in a Razer peripheral

Middcore

Microsoft push an update to my machine last night, seems to be related to the razor incident. It added an administrator account, removed administrator privileges from my main account locked me from accessing any files on any of my drives. Anytime I try to move delete any file anywhere I'm denied access even logged in as administrator trying to change any administrator settings on any account they're all grayed out trying to change settings and command prompt gives me errors.

I was able to give myself full file privileges back by right clicking on OS drive selecting authorized users access all files but I have drives that are 40 TB on that system filled with miscellaneous stuff like games that you don't have administrator access to some of the dll files so it's prompting a cancel command for all of these billions of files might take hours I set a rock on the c button. Thanks Microsoft

4 minutes ago, staticpage said:

Microsoft push an update to my machine last night, seems to be related to the razor incident. It added an administrator account, removed administrator privileges from my main account locked me from accessing any files on any of my drives. Anytime I try to move delete any file anywhere I'm denied access even logged in as administrator trying to change any administrator settings on any account they're all grayed out trying to change settings and command prompt gives me errors.

I think I can say with some certainty this is not related to the Razer exploit. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

1 minute ago, Middcore said:

I think I can say with some certainty this is no related to the Razer exploit. 

I don't have time right now to look at the update and what it's pertain to with the number but I am in The insider program. I usually get updates before a lot of other people. Unplugging all of my razor legacy devices seems to have an effect on the machine booting as well. This is brand new.

Fix my issue but it was PITA. Windows shows and reboot last night for an update the update has no number. With razor mouse plugged in machine takes 5 minutes to boot when usually it's instant. With razor mouse plugged in administrator account asks for login with no password assigned. Files claim administrator privileges are out of order.

Unplug razor mouse. Reboot into safe mode fix privilege order boot into Windows everything works fine.

Shut machine off plug in razor mouse all the issues come back.

This machine usually doesn't get updated but a while back I needed to install a program that required new updates that required me to sign up for the insider program. I had no problems for the 3 years this machine was not connected to the internet now seems like every month I have to fix something like this.

Edit; I removed Windows store I removed Windows capability of updating or even talking to a Microsoft servers my machine is back working fine with my mouse.