PC randomly shuts down/restars

Erundil

Bit of a weird issue, yesterday morning i couldn't turn on my pc, after trying a bunch of times i cut off power and turned it back on and the pc finally turned on, but mid-POST it started turning off and then on again spontaneously and at one point even did so in quick succession so i killed the power once again.

I tried again after work and the pc finally turned out and all seemed fine, but after a while (even when idle) it suddenly turns off and reboots itself, im not really sure what to make of this, now it only seems to do it when i play games, or at least the  last 3 times it happened it was while i was playing a game, so far i tried to play a game while keeping an eye on temperatures but my GPU doesn't go over 80C and my CPU is stable at 38/40C, i scanned my pc a bunch of times with malwarebytes but nothing was found, not really sure what to make of this, does anyone have any suggestions?
Thank you

i7 8700K not ocd

GTX1080

MB: ROG STRIX Z370-F

16GB DDR4 ram g.skill

be quiet psu 800w

7 minutes ago, Erundil said:

i7 8700K not ocd

GTX1080

MB: ROG STRIX Z370-F

16GB DDR4 ram g.skill

be quiet psu 800w

Definitely seems like a power supply issue. Is there any power spike, anything like that around when it shuts off?

10 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

Definitely seems like a power supply issue. Is there any power spike, anything like that around when it shuts off?

doesn't seem like it, the last 3 times it only did it while i was playing, yesterday it was doing it even when idle

Just now, Erundil said:

doesn't seem like it, the last 3 times it only did it while i was playing, yesterday it was doing it even when idle

It’s definitely a PSU problem. Any clicks from the PSU upon the shutdown? Any other psu you could test with?

1 minute ago, Mel0nMan said:

It’s definitely a PSU problem. Any clicks from the PSU upon the shutdown? Any other psu you could test with?

Sadly no, sold my old pc that i was keeping as a backup 3 months ago