Goat Simulator - your thoughts about it.

When I saw the alpha footage, it was amazing. I laughed my ass off because of that video. I wanted it to become a real thing.

Now that it's out... all I can say is "meh". It's one of those games where all I can do is one thing and one thing only - to wreck stuff.

It's like an overplayed joke that gets lamer and lamer everytime it's told. 

Maybe Steam Workshop will save its (soon-to-be) fading success? Great idea though... like challenges and whatnot.

Thoughts? Is it worth your 10 dollars?

Edit: To be fair, we were warned by the developers that it's better to spend our $10 to something else, like a pile of bricks. lol.

Its decent, i wish the game was bigger however, the map is small and the achievements dont takes too long to collect, i wish there was ai in the people, eg they scream if you run at them instead of just ragdolling.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Best. Game. Ever!

not rly, but still kinda hilarious 

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

Its incredibly in-depth for what is is.

New PC Build - Build Log - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/276039-project-swift-force/

[spoiler=]

• Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo
  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Hero
  • CPU: Intel i7-4790K
  • GPU1: GIGABYTE G1 GAMING GTX 970 4GB
  • GPU2: GIGABYTE G1 GAMING GTX 970 4GB
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro Red, 16gb (2x8GB) @1600mhz
  • PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W 80+ Gold
  • CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61
  • HDD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB 7200RPM
  • SSD: Samsung 840 EVO - 250GB
  • Monitor: Asus PG278Q ROG Swift 27" 144hz G-Sync
  • Headphones: Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 600 OHM
  • DAC/AMP: Mayflower Objective2 + ODAC Combo
  • Mouse: ROCCAT Kone Pure Optical
  • Keyboard: KBP V60 - Cherry MX Brown

I wanted a simulator. 

I wanted to play a realistic goat, and roam the prairie side.

maybe be a mountain goat, where no rock is a for for your mighty hooves. 

I wanted to clear a 3 acres of dry grass, and then shit all over that field. 

Just my thoughts

I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends.

~Abraham Lincoln

In times when we are on the brink of destruction, war, and loosing ourselves, let's remember a basic fundamental element of love, forgiveness, and understanding; God bless!

What did you expect? It was a piss take. You are the one that has put it on a pedestal. Don't blame the game for your expectations.

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

I played my friend's copy of it and its fun but I'm not forking out the money for it. I think that this is the kind of game that after only like 3 hours, its boring.

ASUS ROG G75VX

Intel i7-3630QM 2.4GHz/3.4GHz Turbo | Nvidia GeForce 670MX 3GB OCed to 736MHz | 750GB HDD | Windows 8.1 | 24 GB 1600MHz RAM | Razer Goliathus Medium | Logitech G400s | Razer Kraken/ JBL J22 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX blue

What did you expect? It was a piss take. You are the one that has put it on a pedestal. Don't blame the game for your expectations.

I already saw it coming though. 

btw, I did not intend to create this simple discussion of a game... to be a really unnecessary argument. You're that kind of person who takes something negative too seriously.

Oh and I didn't blame them. :)

I like it, it is just a bit of fun. The steam workshop integration means people will make some cool content.

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

It is pretty terrible. I plan on buying it, because, well I want the chance to own goat simulator on my steam list

However after watching a few people play it, it gets old FAST, after half an hour the game is pretty much done, nowhere to go, nothing to do, the physics engine is CRAP and not very funny. The game is full of bugs that according to the developer were "intentionally left in because they are funny", bugs are funny when they arent supposed to be there, if they are put in on purpose then it really isnt funny, just annoying

The jokes seem to come from all the references, but once you have seen them they make you smile for 1 second then its over

Seems very meh, I genuinely think if it aimed to be a real simulator, like those terrible wood cutting simulator/mining/bus driver simulator games it would have been hilarious to play.

Its too small, not enough verity and quite poorly made, also seems to run badly

Steam workshop could fix this. no way to tell. yet ( I hope so)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

It is pretty terrible. I plan on buying it, because, well I want the chance to own goat simulator on my steam list

However after watching a few people play it, it gets old FAST, after half an hour the game is pretty much done, nowhere to go, nothing to do, the physics engine is CRAP and not very funny. The game is full of bugs that according to the developer were "intentionally left in because they are funny", bugs are funny when they arent supposed to be there, if they are put in on purpose then it really isnt funny, just annoying

The jokes seem to come from all the references, but once you have seen them they make you smile for 1 second then its over

Seems very meh, I genuinely think if it aimed to be a real simulator, like those terrible wood cutting simulator/mining/bus driver simulator games it would have been hilarious to play.

Its too small, not enough verity and quite poorly made, also seems to run badly

Steam workshop could fix this. no way to tell. yet ( I hope so)

Those terrible simulators that was meant to be a simulator is even funnier than the Goat Simulator now that I think about it.

I expected too much from it after listening to all my friends play it on skype. <_<

3700x, Asus B450i, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB, Gigabyte GTX 970 ITXDan A4-SFX, SX600-G, 120mm AIO.

Best game of 2014, no contest.

But seriously, it was fun and stupid. What did you expect.

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

I already saw it coming though. 

btw, I did not intend to create this simple discussion of a game... to be a really unnecessary argument. You're that kind of person who takes something negative too seriously.

Oh and I didn't blame them. :)

Sorry but that is just how I read your post. You were really excited about the footage (which was a joke), you built up your expectations and now that it hasn't lived up to what you expected you come on here to talk about it (and it sounds like your complaining).

all I can say is "meh". It's one of those games where all I can do is one thing and one thing only - to wreck stuff.

It's like an overplayed joke that gets lamer and lamer everytime it's told.

I am not trying to argue at all. My input is the game was a piss take that should be taken seriously at all.

Sorry if I came across as an asshole. :)

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

It markets itself as a physics sandbox, but its really more of an easter egg hunt. Once oyu find all of the hidden little parts, there's very little gameplay for it to be considered a game.

Help me I'm surrounded by morons.

Good marketing, shit game. hope they can make a good game for the money it makes.

Why would you listen to me? I'm just some random guy on the internet!

tractor simulator>goat simulator sorry not sorry

hellooooooooo

To be honest I laughed a lot more in the hour or so I played it than I would seeing most movies in the cinema, so it was worth the $10 for me.

Sorry but that is just how I read your post. You were really excited about the footage (which was a joke), you built up your expectations and now that it hasn't lived up to what you expected you come on here to talk about it (and it sounds like your complaining).

I am not trying to argue at all. My input is the game was a piss take that should be taken seriously at all.

Sorry if I came across as an asshole. :)

No worries. It does sound like I was complaining though. :D well i guess because that was just my thought about the game

Seems like just a physics engine. Not really a game.

On top of that 7 out of 10 youtube gamers are doing videos of it. It fills my subscription box :<

After I watched all the videos that I did on it, I realised that if I were to get and play the game I wouldn't have any fun because I had already seen all the cool stuff.

After playing it I was entirely right. It just wasn't fun.

CPU: i5 4430 PSU: XFX 550w Ram: 8gb Patriot Viper 1600mhz

Motherboard: MSI H87M-G43 Case: Fractal Design Define R4

SSD: 840 Evo 250gb, 512gb MX100 GPU: MSI GTX 980TI Gaming Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo

it's a pretty fun game, not worth $10 IMO, map's too small, not much thing to explore, just like the developers said , spend your $10 else where. But doesn't matter, I get it from kickass torrent :P. I think bunch of people are gonna tell me pirate is not good from now on. But I'll buy the game if I find out it is worth the money, like Bioshock.

-Desktop: Asrock H81M-HDS R2.0, Pentium G3258 4.2 ghz OC, Palit GTX 750 ti StormX, Kingston HyperX Fury 1600 4gb, Seagate Baracuda
-Laptop: MSI GE620DX, i72670QM 2.2 Ghz, 8GB 1333mhz Ram, GT555M 2GB DDR3.
-Gaming peripherals: Razer Deathadder 2013, Superlux HD 681 Evo Razer Goliathus Control Medium sizeCm Storm Quickfire TK white edition.