First laptop with Dual graphics?

does anybody know what the first laptop was that had two separate video chips, like an integrated and a dedicated card? modern systems do this all the time with built in intel or amd graphics on the cpu for a good mix of power saving and performance. but how far back does this practice go?

one of the oldest examples that i have is an old acer aspire 1700 series machine; an absolute unit of a 4:3 17" machine thats pretty much a pentium 4 desktop crammed into a laptop frame somehow, complete with desktop socket478 cpu, desktop ddr1 memory and even a desktop ide 3.5" hdd. totally overkill and quickly obsolete due to pentium4's pentium4-ness. but it does appear to be the oldest machine i have that uses two separate graphics chips: a SIS onboard M650 chip under the main heatsink, and a geforce 5600 as the main gpu. These could also come with dual SIS chips, one higher power and one lower power. 

are there older or otherwise unique examples like this acer? i'd love to know!

Acer Aspire 1700 laptop with 17" screen - 2.6Ghz, 512MB RAM - Catawiki

20210816_121256.jpg

20210816_131208.jpg

y[e]  |  I am king giraffe. Hail me.  |  I build computers as a hobby and sometimes resell them to make a profit. | Current rig's specs:

OS: Win10 Pro x64 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900XT | MB: ASUS X570 Tuff | RAM: 32gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3600mhz | Bootup: Adata 1tb NVME Gen4 | SSD: Intel SSD6 P600 1tb | HDDs: 16tb total | PSU: Seasonic 1200w 80+ Gold | Cooling: Noctua NH-D15 | Case: Voodoo Omen R (yes, THAT Voodoo) | Screen: Acer XF270HU 1440p 144hz FreeSync | total spent: $too much | (lol empty space)

I know my amd k6 laptop from 98 did this.

But these are not integrated graphics so to say. These are dual graphics. 2 different things really.

The first integrated and dedicated setup was probably one of the laptops in 2001 with intel extreme graphics and a dedicated gpu of the time.

5 hours ago, jaslion said:

I know my amd k6 laptop from 98 did this.

But these are not integrated graphics so to say. These are dual graphics. 2 different things really.

The first integrated and dedicated setup was probably one of the laptops in 2001 with intel extreme graphics and a dedicated gpu of the time.

Its the same principle,  one low power chip and one high power one. Low power graphics have since moved to the cpu, but the idea is the same. 

Can you post the model amd k6 laptop you have? That does sound interesting. 

y[e]  |  I am king giraffe. Hail me.  |  I build computers as a hobby and sometimes resell them to make a profit. | Current rig's specs:

OS: Win10 Pro x64 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900XT | MB: ASUS X570 Tuff | RAM: 32gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3600mhz | Bootup: Adata 1tb NVME Gen4 | SSD: Intel SSD6 P600 1tb | HDDs: 16tb total | PSU: Seasonic 1200w 80+ Gold | Cooling: Noctua NH-D15 | Case: Voodoo Omen R (yes, THAT Voodoo) | Screen: Acer XF270HU 1440p 144hz FreeSync | total spent: $too much | (lol empty space)