Monitor suggestions and input. gaming/ reading text and stock charts.

Jackie_Daytona

Hello. 

I was hoping to get some input on a monitor solution for my new setup. I Have decided to replace my decade old(or more) 790gx-g65/955be/gtx660oc pc which is about to die on me. I have purchased all the parts and will be assembling my new pc probably this weekend which consist of an x570s tomahawk/a couple WD m.2 drives/5800x/3070ti ftw3/ liquid freezer 2 360/  evga 750gt and misc stuff. I have everything but new monitors. 

I am currently using for my monitors  32" vizio tv's( I know, not good. dont judge me). I Badly need to get rid of these things and get with the program. My eyes cant take it anymore. 

My use is light gaming mainly guild wars 2 right now. I also trade stocks during the day which are up on the second monitor. But mainly and for hours a day I moderate on a youtube channel. At times we have 20-100k plus people come and go so reading  1000s of lines of fast scrolling text  is taxing my eyes. especially with my current setup. 

I am looking for a monitor that will give me A great experience with any games I may want to play as well as clear text that wont tax my eyes to much. I sit about 28-32" from my screen. thats all the room i have with this desk. 

Im not trying to break the bank but understand you get what you pay for. This tech is all new to me so I am trying to get a little higher on the learning curve. I'm reading a lot about 1440 and 144mhz with my 3070ti. But there is a lot of information to take in. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

EDIT: well I did some more searches and may have found some answers to my questions but would still appreciate a shove in the right direction. apologies if I may have added clutter to the sub. 

Most important we need a budget. Without that there is nothing we can really work with.

You already described your usecase in detail, but are there any specs you're specifically looking for? (size, resolution, refresh rate, etc.)

Remember to either quote or @ us (@Stahlmann) so we can se you replied.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

5 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

Most important we need a budget. Without that there is nothing we can really work with.

You already described your usecase in detail, but are there any specs you're specifically looking for? (size, resolution, refresh rate, etc.)

Remember to either quote or @ us (@Stahlmann) so we can se you replied.

Thanks for the reply. budget I would say 3-400 range. so for size whatever would work best with my viewing distance I would imagine that 27-32" and looking for best resolution and specs that fits with my setup 3070 ti or works best. I  need to do a bit more research. I really have nothing to compare it to as I have not even seen newer gen hardware irl. 

18 hours ago, Jackie_Daytona said:

Thanks for the reply. budget I would say 3-400 range. so for size whatever would work best with my viewing distance I would imagine that 27-32" and looking for best resolution and specs that fits with my setup 3070 ti or works best. I  need to do a bit more research. I really have nothing to compare it to as I have not even seen newer gen hardware irl. 

The Gigabyte G27Q would be a good choice in your budget. It's a 27" 1440p 144Hz IPS monitor.

27" 1440p is currently the size/clarity sweet spot. Text will be crystal clear. The 144Hz refresh rate will help make your games look smoother and the overall desktop experience will also be better. The IPS panel is fast enough for the refresh rate and text will be pretty clear even when in motion (while scrolling for example).

In your budget there is also the Gigabyte M27Q that is slightly better in most points but comes with a non-standard BGR subpixel layout. I won't go into the details, but this can result in slightly blurrier text. As you read a lot during your day i would advice against this monitor. So far some people have had issues with text clarity on this monitor while others don't have issues. So it might be worth a try when you buy somewhere with a good return policy.

(You can read through detailed reviews by clicking on the monitor names)

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.