Bang for the buck Laptop

Hello people,

I'm looking for 2-3 recommendations for a bang-for-the-buck laptop.

It wont't be used for anything other than movie streaming, general office use, some light games like minecraft and the occasional photoshop when i'm on the go.

-a good resolution screen, 15 inch or more

-should hold up well over the next 4 years

-under 1000€

-acceptable battery life

-upgradeable storage for the future is a plus

I didn't follow the laptop news for the last 10 years and have no idea where to start looking

If you could give recommendations or push me in the right direction, that would be great

Thanks in advance!

I would look for a used HP or Dell business laptop from a couple years ago. They are still very relevant and if you find the right supplier then they can be had fairly cheep as business just toss them when they are done with them.

Another option that may be hard to keep under a grand but looks super cool is the new framework laptop that is all modular, upgradable and reparable

Used thinkpad P50, should be under 600$ for a decently specced model. 
Up to an Xeon e3 1535m v5, up to 64gb of ecc ddr4, two nvme m.2 slots + a 2.5” sata slot, or you can lose the two nvme slots and use 2 2.5” sata drives

Replaceable battery

up to an 4gb Quadro m2000m

1080p or 4k display

41FB1874-6966-4E4A-92C7-8061CF6D5507.thumb.jpeg.347057040bc77a966c0c08e5d1382ac7.jpeg

mine came with the Xeon E3 1505m V5, 16gb of ram, the Quadro M2000M and the 1080p display option and cost me 540$ total. Later upgraded to two 1tb crucial P5 nvme drives and 64gb of ram and it’s still under 1000$

1 minute ago, CWALD said:

Another option that may be hard to keep under a grand but looks super cool is the new framework laptop that is all modular, upgradable and reparable

How does the cooling do on full load? Just curious since I didn't find it anywhere in LTT's video.

Just now, sordinary said:

How does the cooling do on full load? Just curious since I didn't find it anywhere in LTT's video.

No idea, but with your work load its probably not a major concern. I think they mentioned doing a more thorough review at some point though if you want to wait for that.

Thank you guys for your suggestions!