Switch to Android

Gifura

Hey guys,

Recently, we've all heard what Apple is about to do in iOS 15 with the scanning of photos.

It's good thing for people who have CP but... It's kind of bad anyway...

I am a total noob when it comes to Android devices, I am not happy with Apple's changes because I want to have my privacy...

So I am asking you to help me and tell me which Android mobile phone should I possibly get.

Now I have 11 Pro which I got mainly because of the camera .

There is a slight change and I've always wanted to try Android phones because some of them feel really good and I am really curious to try, but never found one with such a camera like the iPhone one ...

What are your recommendations ?

With Regards.

Well.. I always say that Samsung has the best standard Android you can get. It's very user friendly. Some people will say that other Android devices from OnePlus, Google, Huawei, Xiaomi and others are better in some regards - but really - Samsung is the best entrance into Android. 

It also has very good cameras. But in that department, there are some other brands that do it better in edge cases.

I'd recommend a Samsung Galaxy S20 - or wait till next year. I hear that AMD and Samsung collab will bear fruit next year, so we could possibly see some improvement in GPU department. Also, all market will get Snapdragon next year, so you won't have to worry to get Exynos if you're in that region. 

7 minutes ago, Light-Yagami said:

Also, all market will get Snapdragon next year, so you won't have to worry to get Exynos if you're in that region. 

Got a source for this? No doubt it's widely reported and I just missed it but a quick google search for "Samsung ditches exynos" or "Samsung moves to snapdragon in all markets" doesn't yield anything factual for this. (It would obviously be fantastic news if true)

Case - Phanteks Evolv X | PSU - EVGA 650w Gold Rated | Mobo - ASUS Strix x570-f | CPU - AMD r9 3900x | RAM - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200mhz @ 3600mhz | GPU - EVGA nVidia 2080s 8GB  | OS Drive - Sabrent 256GB Rocket NVMe PCI Gen 4 | Game Drive - WD 1tb NVMe Gen 3  |  Storage - 7TB formatted
Cooled by a crap load of Noctua fans and Corsair H150i RGB Pro XT

Just now, cacoe said:

Got a source for this? No doubt it's widely reported and I just missed it but a quick google search for "Samsung ditches exynos" or "Samsung moves to snapdragon in all markets" doesn't yield anything factual for this. (It would obviously be fantastic news if true)

In Europe, we'll get Snapdragon next year. I was at one of our phone sellers, they told me.

Also this: 

Samsung to discontinue Galaxy S20 FE Exynos 990, probably after realising that Snapdragon version is better - Technology News (indiatoday.in)

Samsung has been working with AMD for their GPU department, and they've bought ARM licenses to make chips. That alone is indication enough. And that was last year.

I might be wrong thought. But I usually don't claim stuff I'm not fairly certain of

you can change your iphone rom to open source android without Gapps that will give you even better privacy and cam. but it has some vulnerability issue. 

3 minutes ago, iap said:

you can change your iphone rom to open source android without Gapps that will give you even better privacy and cam. but it has some vulnerability issue. 

Wait wait wait - although you technically can install Android on a jailbroken iPhone (or at least could) almost nothing is supported. 

Case - Phanteks Evolv X | PSU - EVGA 650w Gold Rated | Mobo - ASUS Strix x570-f | CPU - AMD r9 3900x | RAM - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200mhz @ 3600mhz | GPU - EVGA nVidia 2080s 8GB  | OS Drive - Sabrent 256GB Rocket NVMe PCI Gen 4 | Game Drive - WD 1tb NVMe Gen 3  |  Storage - 7TB formatted
Cooled by a crap load of Noctua fans and Corsair H150i RGB Pro XT

2 hours ago, Gifura said:

Hey guys,

Recently, we've all heard what Apple is about to do in iOS 15 with the scanning of photos.

It's good thing for people who have CP but... It's kind of bad anyway...

I am a total noob when it comes to Android devices, I am not happy with Apple's changes because I want to have my privacy...

So I am asking you to help me and tell me which Android mobile phone should I possibly get.

Now I have 11 Pro which I got mainly because of the camera .

There is a slight change and I've always wanted to try Android phones because some of them feel really good and I am really curious to try, but never found one with such a camera like the iPhone one ...

What are your recommendations ?

With Regards.

Keep in mind that there's a lot of misinformation floating around what Apple is doing with photos. You'll still have your privacy. And there's a good chance Google will do something like this before long (it already looks at cloud photos), so switching to Android might only be a momentary reprieve even if the scanning were as invasive as some claim (it's not).

With that said, if you still want to switch to Android... given that camera functionality is very important to you, I would only really consider the upcoming Pixel 6 Pro if it's available in your country, or the Galaxy S21 Ultra otherwise. There are a lot of Android phones that are good but fall short in the camera department (OnePlus 9 series, Xiaomi Mi 11 and the like), and you'd probably miss the 11 Pro's telephoto lens if you went for the regular Pixel 6 or S21 models.

12 minutes ago, Commodus said:

Keep in mind that there's a lot of misinformation floating around what Apple is doing with photos. You'll still have your privacy. And there's a good chance Google will do something like this before long (it already looks at cloud photos), so switching to Android might only be a momentary reprieve even if the scanning were as invasive as some claim (it's not).

With that said, if you still want to switch to Android... given that camera functionality is very important to you, I would only really consider the upcoming Pixel 6 Pro if it's available in your country, or the Galaxy S21 Ultra otherwise. There are a lot of Android phones that are good but fall short in the camera department (OnePlus 9 series, Xiaomi Mi 11 and the like), and you'd probably miss the 11 Pro's telephoto lens if you went for the regular Pixel 6 or S21 models.

Very brief and good explanation…

Thank you!