IS THERE A SONY HEADPHONE CONNECT APP FOR WINDOWS?

RanchTheHay005

I have a sony WH-XB700

this headphone sounds great with the bass pumped up to the max in the sony app...but I am not able to find an app for windows tho

I tried connecting the headphone to the app using an emulator(play media in the emulator itself)...but failed..

Is there a app for windows...if not are there any alternative you guyz would suggest?

Why would you need an app? Just use bluetooth.

My Rig

CPU - Ryzen 5 1600@3.8ghz          GPU - XFX XXX RX580 8g          Cooler - Arctic Freezer 33 eSports edition green          Motherboard - Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3          Ram -  G.Skill 2x8 Ripjaws 5 2666                   Case - Pahntecs P400s TGE Modded with Green accents          PSU - Seasonic M1211 evo 620w          SSD - Samsung 960 evo 500 GB          HDD - Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 2tb       

Fans - 2 be quiet SilentWings 3         OS - Windows 10 Home 64-Bit         Cables - Cable Mod Green Cable Extension

Peripherals

Mouse - Logitech G502          Keyboard - k95 Platinum Brown          Headset - Philips SHP9500s + Vmoda Boom Pro          Monitor - LG 29UM69GB

Webcam - USB webcam for Wii Fitness game xD

Just now, Vandorlot said:

I just realized you might not have it. If you have a laptop your probably have it. If you have a pc and not a crazy motherboard, you probably don't. If you tell me your specs I could help you out. Anyways, you can get a bluetooth adapter from amazon for under 20 dollars. It's going to be the only way to connect to the headphones. Your phone also uses bluetooth, even if you connect to the headphones through an app. There isn't any pair of headphones that I know of that connects to windows pc through an app.

My Rig

CPU - Ryzen 5 1600@3.8ghz          GPU - XFX XXX RX580 8g          Cooler - Arctic Freezer 33 eSports edition green          Motherboard - Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3          Ram -  G.Skill 2x8 Ripjaws 5 2666                   Case - Pahntecs P400s TGE Modded with Green accents          PSU - Seasonic M1211 evo 620w          SSD - Samsung 960 evo 500 GB          HDD - Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 2tb       

Fans - 2 be quiet SilentWings 3         OS - Windows 10 Home 64-Bit         Cables - Cable Mod Green Cable Extension

Peripherals

Mouse - Logitech G502          Keyboard - k95 Platinum Brown          Headset - Philips SHP9500s + Vmoda Boom Pro          Monitor - LG 29UM69GB

Webcam - USB webcam for Wii Fitness game xD

simply connect via bluetooth and then use any equalizer program that does what you want.

I would recommend Equalizer APO with the Peace interface. 

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

3 hours ago, Vandorlot said:

i just want to use the clearbass option....the headphone sounds dope with the bass all the way up

3 hours ago, Vandorlot said:

I just realized you might not have it. If you have a laptop your probably have it. If you have a pc and not a crazy motherboard, you probably don't. If you tell me your specs I could help you out. Anyways, you can get a bluetooth adapter from amazon for under 20 dollars. It's going to be the only way to connect to the headphones. Your phone also uses bluetooth, even if you connect to the headphones through an app. There isn't any pair of headphones that I know of that connects to windows pc through an app.

i use a laptop with some intel bluetooth adapter (thats the name given in the device manager)

2 hours ago, Arika S said:

simply connect via bluetooth and then use any equalizer program that does what you want.

I would recommend Equalizer APO with the Peace interface. 

ok thanks!!

• 1 month later...

There really needs to be a connect App for Windows, the reason being, even if you are connected via bluetooth (which I am) there is no way to use the EQ functionality, nor is there a way to turn off the Headphones passthrough feature if you speak, which is useless if you live alone and are trying to solve a problem and talking outloud,or singing along to a song you are listening to,  which then pauses the music you are listening to and you can now hear the fans in the background.  There is no way to use any of the functions that are in the app, which is only available on mobile devices.  You can't even just set everything the way you want in the app and them connect to a PC, because it goes back to the awful default settings.  In fact, it is so bad I highly recommend that anyone who wants to use these headphones on a PC go out and find another manufacturer, because Sony doesn't care about people who use these devices on a Laptop or a PC.  These headphones are for phones only.  Yes, you can pair to two devices at a time, but when using Teams the audio is not as good and you can hear the difference between connecting to two devices at a time or just one.  So if you want to use only one, and that one is a PC then you have to use the default settings.  There is zero customization available via a PC.  This has been complained about for years, Sony has made it clear, by it's refusal to create a solution, that it just doesn't care.

16 minutes ago, ToddJ said:

There really needs to be a connect App for Windows, the reason being, even if you are connected via bluetooth (which I am) there is no way to use the EQ functionality, nor is there a way to turn off the Headphones passthrough feature if you speak, which is useless if you live alone and are trying to solve a problem and talking outloud,or singing along to a song you are listening to,  which then pauses the music you are listening to and you can now hear the fans in the background.  There is no way to use any of the functions that are in the app, which is only available on mobile devices.  You can't even just set everything the way you want in the app and them connect to a PC, because it goes back to the awful default settings.  In fact, it is so bad I highly recommend that anyone who wants to use these headphones on a PC go out and find another manufacturer, because Sony doesn't care about people who use these devices on a Laptop or a PC.  These headphones are for phones only.  Yes, you can pair to two devices at a time, but when using Teams the audio is not as good and you can hear the difference between connecting to two devices at a time or just one.  So if you want to use only one, and that one is a PC then you have to use the default settings.  There is zero customization available via a PC.  This has been complained about for years, Sony has made it clear, by it's refusal to create a solution, that it just doesn't care.

Sony is one of the biggest stupid business with terrible logics and this is one of them many. So glad I didn't spend a dime on my WF XM3 as I bought them new and unused from our local marketplace. I couldn't care less if the seller stole them lol because fuck Sony.

And oh, the WF XM3 is horrible to use on PC/laptop because of the latency, it's very noticeable. Then I discovered it has no APTX LL.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280