Is it possible to connect google wifi to main wifi

Browntomcat33

What I’m trying to do is to connect wired devices that are connected to my ISP router and merge them with google wifi,
so that for example if I’m trying to air play my iPad (connected to Google wifi) to my tv (connected to ISP box). 

Or can you use google wifi as the main router and daisy chain the ISP router for more Ethernet cable space?

Is this possible?

Sounds like you're running your current network in double NAT which is not ideal. You have two routers creating their own independent networks. Ideally what you would have done when buying Google WIFI is just replaced your ISP router completely with it as its a router itself. 

You have some options.

• Completely remove your ISP router, you don't need two routers. 
  • ISP router in bridge mode so its just acting as a switch and turn off any wireless radios in it. 
  • Google WIFI in bridge mode so its just acting as your wireless access point.. 

https://support.google.com/wifi/answer/6240987?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid#zippy=

@Browntomcat33

Just to add to what @rickeo suggested, you'll lose mesh functionality on the Google Mesh side of things if you put it in AP/bridge mode.

The only way to retain mesh functionality would be to put your ISP gateway in bridge mode.

On 8/11/2021 at 11:20 PM, Falcon1986 said:

@Browntomcat33

Just to add to what @rickeo suggested, you'll lose mesh functionality on the Google Mesh side of things if you put it in AP/bridge mode.

The only way to retain mesh functionality would be to put your ISP gateway in bridge mode.

How do I do that? I have looked online but I cannot find a guide for my Sagemcom Gateway F@ST 3864 router. I have looked though the settings but I have not found a bridge mode in my routers settings.

2 hours ago, Browntomcat33 said:

How do I do that? I have looked online but I cannot find a guide for my Sagemcom Gateway F@ST 3864 router. I have looked though the settings but I have not found a bridge mode in my routers settings.

Call the ISP. It might not be a user accessible feature. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.