Thermal throttling issues while gaming , but disabling turbo boost halves the clock speed from 3.6ghz to 1.68ghz, is it normal?

I really need help,
I have a entry level gaming laptop 
With amd ryzen 5 3550H @2.1Ghz
And gtx 1650.
I started noticing stutters in games frequently, and I found that themal throttling is why that happened, the cpu temperature is above 90*C, 
The real problem is , the game RDR2 gives 43 fps while cpu running at 3.5Ghz(100%) , 90 degrees .
To remove turbo boost,  my bios had no such option, so with cpu maximum performance set to 99% in advanced power option, the cpu temperature dropped dramatically to 70 to 83 degrees ,  running at only 1.68Ghz , (I don't know why decreasing 1% gets it from 3.5 Ghz tp 1.68Ghz- which is not even the base clock @2.1Ghz)
Surprisingly RDR2 performed well with 35-41 FPS. With no stutters.
but sekiro haven't had the same results 
It dropped from 51-59 fps to 40 - 49 fps

I bought it four months ago , so I hesitate to open the backplate to clean the fans, 

Is there any way I can get more than 1.68 ghz without using turbo boost....?

Screenshot 2021-07-27 190006.jpg

Screenshot 2021-07-27 190122.jpg

My opinion on the term “turbo boost” is in the “tech terms you hate” thread.  If this was a desktop the solution would be improved cooling but that’s not possible with a laptop.  Without opening it and doing things like changing the paste, the only thing I can think of that might work is to underclock the thing and then use this “turbo boost” assuming it doesn’t just kill the underclock (this is why I hate the term in tech.  “Turbo boost” is an actual thing in cars, but in computers it just gets used because “more faster button” sounds as stupid as it is.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

36 minutes ago, RENJITH SAMUEL said:

I really need help,
I have a entry level gaming laptop 
With amd ryzen 5 3550H @2.1Ghz
And gtx 1650.
I started noticing stutters in games frequently, and I found that themal throttling is why that happened, the cpu temperature is above 90*C, 
The real problem is , the game RDR2 gives 43 fps while cpu running at 3.5Ghz(100%) , 90 degrees .
To remove turbo boost,  my bios had no such option, so with cpu maximum performance set to 99% in advanced power option, the cpu temperature dropped dramatically to 70 to 83 degrees ,  running at only 1.68Ghz , (I don't know why decreasing 1% gets it from 3.5 Ghz tp 1.68Ghz- which is not even the base clock @2.1Ghz)
Surprisingly RDR2 performed well with 35-41 FPS. With no stutters.
but sekiro haven't had the same results 
It dropped from 51-59 fps to 40 - 49 fps

I bought it four months ago , so I hesitate to open the backplate to clean the fans, 

Is there any way I can get more than 1.68 ghz without using turbo boost....?

Re-enable turbo boost and let the thermal system manage the CPU... the point of turbo is to use all of the available thermal headroom in a laptop. You won't hurt it.

Hard to say why you're only getting 1.7 GHz. Possibly Windows messing with the frequency and then reading it is causing false values.

Make sure high performance mode is enabled.

Main: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti, 16 GB 4400 MHz DDR4 Fedora 38 x86_64

Secondary: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Fedora 38 x86_64

Server: AMD Athlon PRO 3125GE, 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 ECC, TrueNAS Core 13.0-U5.1

Home Laptop: Intel Core i5-L16G7, 8 GB 4267 MHz LPDDR4x, Windows 11 Home 22H2 x86_64

Work Laptop: Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA Quadro P520, 8 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Windows 10 Pro 22H2 x86_64

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

My opinion on the term “turbo boost” is in the “tech terms you hate” thread.  If this was a desktop the solution would be improved cooling but that’s not possible with a laptop.  Without opening it and doing things like changing the paste, the only thing I can think of that might work is to underclock the thing and then use this “turbo boost” assuming it doesn’t just kill the underclock (this is why I hate the term in tech.  “Turbo boost” is an actual thing in cars, but in computers it just gets used because “more faster button” sounds as stupid as it is.

While "turbo" is entirely a marketing word, the technology behind it makes a lot of sense. Take full advantage of the cooling and power limits available to the system, and adjust the speed (thus heat/electrical demand) based on that.

The CPU is still outperforming expectations/design bclk, so no guarantees repasting will help (though it won't hurt.) This might simply be a case of the CPU isn't up to the job, and settings need to be lowered.

Main: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti, 16 GB 4400 MHz DDR4 Fedora 38 x86_64

Secondary: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Fedora 38 x86_64

Server: AMD Athlon PRO 3125GE, 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 ECC, TrueNAS Core 13.0-U5.1

Home Laptop: Intel Core i5-L16G7, 8 GB 4267 MHz LPDDR4x, Windows 11 Home 22H2 x86_64

Work Laptop: Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA Quadro P520, 8 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Windows 10 Pro 22H2 x86_64

On 8/11/2021 at 10:33 AM, svmlegacy said:

Re-enable turbo boost and let the thermal system manage the CPU... the point of turbo is to use all of the available thermal headroom in a laptop. You won't hurt it.

Hard to say why you're only getting 1.7 GHz. Possibly Windows messing with the frequency and then reading it is causing false values.

Make sure high performance mode is enabled.

Yes , i think the values are wrong , coz even after loosing half the clock speed , just losing around 5 fps doesn't add up to me.

May be I'm wrong , pls check out the screenshot I've added that might give you an idea, 

I'm still worried abt that, maybe a windows reset will fix this!?