How many Case Fan Headers does the MSI A520M A-PRO have?

I currently have 3 fans installed on it and want to install a fourth one. MSI doesnt mention the number on the website neither could i find it on the MB myself. Please Help

Bild_2021-08-10_162037.png

A520M-A-PRO.pdf

MSI advertises 2 fan headers on that board. Low end motherboards usually have very little when it comes fan connectivity. You can get one of these to connect 2 fans per port.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

It'll be in the mobo manual on the product support page.

Case - Phanteks Evolv X | PSU - EVGA 650w Gold Rated | Mobo - ASUS Strix x570-f | CPU - AMD r9 3900x | RAM - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200mhz @ 3600mhz | GPU - EVGA nVidia 2080s 8GB  | OS Drive - Sabrent 256GB Rocket NVMe PCI Gen 4 | Game Drive - WD 1tb NVMe Gen 3  |  Storage - 7TB formatted
Cooled by a crap load of Noctua fans and Corsair H150i RGB Pro XT

3 minutes ago, tkitch said:

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/A520M-A-PRO/Specification

According to the website:  2

1x CPU Fan Header

1x System Fan Header

So...  basically you're buying a Fan Hub.  

I bought custom built PC and there are currently 3 system fans and the cpu fan running. how can the 3 system fans be running if there are only 2 fan headers? i know you can also plug them into most other slots but all 3 sys fans are detected as such. i can attach a photo if needed

1 minute ago, 8rrowhead said:

I bought custom built PC and there are currently 3 system fans and the cpu fan running. how can the 3 system fans be running if there are only 2 fan headers? i know you can also plug them into most other slots but all 3 sys fans are detected as such. i can attach a photo if needed

A splitter that can patch through the information of other fans possibly. Or there are actually more fan headers than msi documented (I doubt it but could be).

follow the fan wires and see where they're plugged in?

But according to the website, there are 2 fan headers.

33 minutes ago, tkitch said:

follow the fan wires and see where they're plugged in?

But according to the website, there are 2 fan headers.

just lookad and it appears that the cpu fan header powers the cpu fan and then splits off to power the 2 front fans while the back fan gets its own header. so yes, they did use a splitter.

5 minutes ago, 8rrowhead said:

just lookad and it appears that the cpu fan header powers the cpu fan and then splits off to power the 2 front fans while the back fan gets its own header. so yes, they did use a splitter.

So, you can either:

1) Verify the fans are low enough power to not fuck with the 1A cap on a header.  (IE:  If they're all ~0.2A each, then 3 fans is fine on a single plug) and get a 3 way splitter.

2) Buy a Powered PWM Fan Hub and mount it to the backside of the motherboard tray, and not worry about fan power draw at all.

• 2 months later...

I have this same board. My issue my case came with 3 pin exhaust fan but there is no option in the bios to change from pwm to DC control. So the fan is just on full power all the time.