NEW Gaming Laptop has LOW FPS!!! How to tell why?

JamesTheGreat

Just purchased a new "cheap" gaming laptop... It was $899 usd... Sold by walmart, is the same rebranded laptop Cyberpower sells.  Mine is called the EVOO EP7..  Specs are:
Ryzen 7 4800h 8c 16t
GTX 1060s 6gb
512gb NVME

16gb DDR4 in Dual Channel

1tb NVME Steam Drive

Wifi 6

120hz 1080p ips display

Playing Age Of Empires: Definitive Edition. Yes the 1st one!!  I'm only getting 28-30FPS....  I don't understand why!!!  Benchmarking puts the CPU faster than my I7-7700K and around the same as my desktop RX580, which plays this game perfectly on a JUNK display... 
I have nothing running in the background, and I'm not thermal throttling..  

Does someone know of a piece of software I can download and run that will tell me why my game is running so crappy? 

Thanks

James

P.S.  Something else I wanted to try, but doesn't seem to work.  I wanted to try out the IGPU that is part of this ryzen 7 4000 series APU... I tied setting the NVIDIA Control panel to Integrated, and the Windows Display manger to use the low power graphics, but when i run the game, task man still shows the RTX card active.  (I've reverted this back to normal, so its not causing the FPS issue)

I thought that too, but its not.  There is a check box in the settings to limit FPS to 30, but i have it disabled.  My desktop with the 7700k runs it at 60fps no problem..

So I may have found the solution.. I'm about to try it now.. But I started to dig in the Nvidia Control Panel because I'm missing the "display" tree.  That sent me on an adventure to check the Nvidia Geforce Experience Program, where I found a "Battery Boost" option enabled, which limited FPS to 30... I turned that off... I'll try it again now.

This DID NOT fix my issue.. 😞