Is it meant to look like this or is something wrong?

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Hi, I was getting really bad speeds like I mean in the hundreds of kbs when my actual speed should be around 12 with a overall bandwidth of 50 and only my brother playing online on his Xbox and my mum and dad watching tv. So I start trouble shooting and I got through all the things I could think of reseating it and restarting the router, and I know it isn’t signal strength as my phone and iPad have really good connection strength and speed in here, so I took it out again and I looked at it closely and I noticed that the contacts looked a little off so I decided to make this post here, is this intentional by the manufacturer or did the shop who built it (custom build but they built it for me) do something wrong? 

also this is the card Model it’s a d-link dwa 582 ac1200

image.jpg

image.jpg

If you look closely you can see that its not just that the contact pads has fallen off or something. The traces them selves dont go all the way out to where the pads potentially should have been.

So this is by design. Your issue has to be something else.

Have you tried reinstalling the drivers?

image.png.ae86e2fcef840386e9a19cd600b5b8b6.png

If you want me to answer, please use the quote function or tag me. I dont get notified unless you do

Huh I never noticed that, I did and the issue didn’t resolve itself but then I saw that the hole for the screw was actually pulling some of the contacts out of the socket and the case came with a clamp type thing which I used and works way better now