Help me buy a laptop for playing games and doing blender and video editing.

Budget (including currency): Around 800$

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Blender, Adobe Apps and Valorant

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): The refresh rate should be above 120hz and the laptop should have a good battery life.

1 hour ago, Freshie said:

Budget (including currency): Around 800$

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Blender, Adobe Apps and Valorant

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): The refresh rate should be above 120hz and the laptop should have a good battery life.

It will be hard to find a laptop for $800 with a 120 Hz screen. These are found in more expensive gaming oriented laptops only.

For $800, look for a good laptop with AMD Ryzen 4500U or 4700U or 5500U. Will be good in your apps. In this price range you get a lot of laptops with 9300H and 10300H, but those are only quad core chips, I would avoid those. Get at least the 10400H with 6 cores.

16GB of RAM should be doable, but some in this price range come only with 8GB of RAM, avoid those.

As for graphics, at this price point you will only find entry level dedicated graphics like GTX1650, or integrated graphics on the AMD side. That should be good enough for your use. Don't expect amazing gaming performance though. Since this is a work machine, I would prioritize a good CPU first.

This is a bit above your budget at $900, but ticks all the right boxes, AMD 4600H, including 120Hz, and the Lenovo Ideapad are solid machines overall (good screens, keyboards, etc.)

https://www.newegg.com/black-lenovo-ideapad-3/p/2WC-000J-00UE8?Item=9SIAEYADZZ8930

Another one from Gigabyte, with Intel 10400H, but $1000, 144Hz screen.

https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16834233451?Item=N82E16834233451&quicklink=true

If youre looking for a gaming laptop on that budget

I think it would be a good Idea to just builda gaming pc 

Since if you can find a good deal on a used graphics card most of the other parts should be under 1000 dollars

9 hours ago, Dominatroy said:

If youre looking for a gaming laptop on that budget

I think it would be a good Idea to just builda gaming pc 

Since if you can find a good deal on a used graphics card most of the other parts should be under 1000 dollars

I am gonna be travelling alot so PC is not an option 

On 8/9/2021 at 1:38 PM, maartendc said:

It will be hard to find a laptop for $800 with a 120 Hz screen. These are found in more expensive gaming oriented laptops only.

For $800, look for a good laptop with AMD Ryzen 4500U or 4700U or 5500U. Will be good in your apps. In this price range you get a lot of laptops with 9300H and 10300H, but those are only quad core chips, I would avoid those. Get at least the 10400H with 6 cores.

16GB of RAM should be doable, but some in this price range come only with 8GB of RAM, avoid those.

As for graphics, at this price point you will only find entry level dedicated graphics like GTX1650, or integrated graphics on the AMD side. That should be good enough for your use. Don't expect amazing gaming performance though. Since this is a work machine, I would prioritize a good CPU first.

This is a bit above your budget at $900, but ticks all the right boxes, AMD 4600H, including 120Hz, and the Lenovo Ideapad are solid machines overall (good screens, keyboards, etc.)

https://www.newegg.com/black-lenovo-ideapad-3/p/2WC-000J-00UE8?Item=9SIAEYADZZ8930

Another one from Gigabyte, with Intel 10400H, but $1000, 144Hz screen.

https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16834233451?Item=N82E16834233451&quicklink=true

Is this one better

https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-GeForce-i7-11370H-Windows-TUF516PE-AB73/dp/B08XPC3WFQ/ref=psdc_13896615011_t1_B093Z27X2L

1 hour ago, Freshie said:

Yes and no. The one you're posting has less RAM and a rather different display (IPS vs Anti-Glare LCD).

You can always upgrade the RAM later and my personal preference goes to ASUS as a brand but it's to note that I have no experience with those components or laptops themselves.

Kind regards,