Daisy-chain triple monitor causes unresponsive OS or not recognized

I have configured a triple daisy-chain monitor setup but it seems to not be working. I've tried it in two setups but I'm unsure what the issue is. I understand that I must be careful with bandwidth limitations, but I think I'm within margins.

My triple monitor setup is as follows:

1. Dell U2414h (w. DP 1.2 enabled)
  2. Dell U2414h (w. DP 1.2 enabled)
  3. Dell S3219D

The cable setups are as follows:

1. From 1 to 2, 10ft DP 1.4 cable or 6ft Mini DP cable
  2. From 2 to 3, 10ft DP 1.4 cable

My computer specs:

• Windows 11, Version 10.0.22000 Build 22000
  • GTX 970
  • AMD Ryzen 5950x

Whenever I boot with the setup described above, POST screen shows all monitors but then as Windows loads all screens go to sleep and PC becomes unresponsive. I've tried using the 10ft DP 1.4 cable and 6ft Mini DP cable as output from PC to 1, but still the same issue. Additionally, I tried the same setup on a Surface Book 3 (i7 version) using the USB-C to Mini DisplayPort cable to 1. In this case, the laptop boots fine but the third monitor is not recognized at all (not even in advanced displays). I understand that the Intel iGPU can only handle 3 monitors and there is no option to disable the Surface's screen... but the monitor is not even recognized.

What additional debugging steps can I perform, or what other combination of cables / OS is reasonable to test? Or am I doomed...'

Thanks!

Edited by marloncalvo
fix monitor model

10 hours ago, marloncalvo said:
I understand that the Intel iGPU can only handle 3 monitors and there is no option to disable the Surface's screen... but the monitor is not even recognized.

There's your problem. If it doesn't support more than 3 screens than it won't recognize more than 3.

One thing you can try is to Windows+P and then select only 2nd screen. Maybe that will disable the surface display.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.